  1. Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
    WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.

    How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.
    Wereo_SUPREMACY, May 29, 2006

  2. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Gordon Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <> wrote in message
    news:icveg.1769$...
    > Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
    > WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >
    > How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    Please reply to the thread and don't change the subject line.

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Thank you.
    Gordon, May 29, 2006

  3. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Jim Guest

    Jim, May 29, 2006
  4. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Oedipus Rex Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <> said in

    > Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
    > progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >
    > How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    You have to remove the radiatr first.

    HTH

    Oedipus Rex, May 29, 2006
  5. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-05-29, Oedipus Rex <0m> wrote:
    > "Wereo_SUPREMACY" <> said in
    >
    >> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
    >> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >>
    >> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    > You have to remove the radiatr first.
    >
    > HTH

    I though they were air cooled and you had to remove the engine to get to
    the fans. That requires heavy lifting gear.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, May 29, 2006
  6. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Joe B Guest

    On Mon, 29 May 2006 00:58:28 -0400, "Wereo_SUPREMACY"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
    >WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >
    >How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    On my Ford the fan in in the front.
    Joe B, May 29, 2006
  7. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    soup Guest

    Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    > Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
    > progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >
    > How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one changing
    the fan is a piece of piss. In the region of four screws and one
    connector, should be trivial if you replace like with like, if the
    system is at all too noisy take this opportunity to get a quieter fan.
    Seem to remember when changing a case fan on this system that the wires
    were too short to reach from the fan pins on the motherboard (so when
    machine goes into hibernate mode the fan stops) had to use a spare molex
    (?) connector to get power to the fan (using a pre made-up connector
    which I scrounged from somewhere the fact that molex to fan connectors
    exist seems to suggest that this is a common happenstance)which is on
    all the time now but even this minor bodge did not take much thinking
    about

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 29, 2006
  8. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    ellis_jay Guest

    soup wrote:
    > Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    >> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
    >> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >>
    >> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    > If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one
    > changing the fan is a piece of piss.

    If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
    changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
    under her mini-skirt.

    ___Sador the carpenter to Turin
    Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

    Ellis_Jay
    ellis_jay, May 29, 2006
  9. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    soup Guest

    ellis_jay wrote:
    > If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
    > changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
    > under her mini-skirt.

    Eh?

    --
    This space intentionally left blank.
    soup, May 29, 2006
  10. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    ellis_jay spewed forth:
    > soup wrote:
    >> Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:
    >>> Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting
    >>> progressively WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >>>
    >>> How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    >> If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) one
    >> changing the fan is a piece of piss.

    > If your system is a standard (not a strange cooling system) two
    > changing the fan is a piece of fun if she is wearing no panties
    > under her mini-skirt.

    From the front or the back?

    --
    I always finish what I sta
    Toolman Tim, May 29, 2006
  11. Wereo_SUPREMACY

    Plato Guest

    Wereo_SUPREMACY wrote:

    > Thanks Toolman Tim & everyone. The noise seems to be getting progressively
    > WORSE. Toolman Tim diagnoses the problem as a fan.
    >
    > How easy or hard is it to change this Fan? Thanks, Scott.

    Depends on what fan it is. A case fan is very easy to change. A power
    supply fan and/or a cpu fan is a tad more difficult.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 1, 2006