    close it.
    Explain that.
    I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I think.
    richardbardsley, Nov 27, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    samuel Guest

    "richardbardsley" <> wrote in
    news::

    > The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.

    sue them

    > They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer
    > window.Then you cant close it.
    > Explain that.

    ask them

    > I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of
    > isp I think.

    go find one

    bye
    samuel, Nov 27, 2005

  3. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    richardbardsley spewed forth:
    > The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.
    > They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer window.Then
    > you cant close it.
    > Explain that.
    > I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I
    > think.

    That's it. Final proof the idiot is a troll. Killfile the bastard.

    *<PLONK>*

    --
    Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
    still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 27, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    Ben Myers Guest

    I suggest a virus scan.

    AVG http://www.grisoft.com
    F-PROT http://www.f-prot.com
    On-line scan http://housecall.trendmicro.com

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 27, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    Rich Wilson Guest

    > The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.

    And people never pretend to be something they're not... ;-)
    Rich Wilson, Nov 27, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    James Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > In news:,
    > richardbardsley spewed forth:
    >> The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.
    >> They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer window.Then
    >> you cant close it.
    >> Explain that.
    >> I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I
    >> think.

    > That's it. Final proof the idiot is a troll. Killfile the bastard.
    >
    > *<PLONK>*

    It's taken you *THIS* long..???
    James, Nov 27, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:57:09 -0000, richardbardsley wrote:

    >The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.

    It's very simple, even you will get this.

    That's because when you installed AOL (and many other ISP packages do
    the same) it brands the IE title bar. It doesn't really matter what /
    how the window opens the 'branded' name appears.

    Or it simply displays the title of the current page you are viewing.

    >They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer window.Then you cant
    >close it.
    >Explain that.
    >I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I think.

    Do you, don't AOL adverts always claim how safe , secure and simple they
    are?

    http://www.aol.co.uk/
    AOL Broadband
    Sign up today and get one month free! Enjoy unlimited downloads,
    advanced security features and more

    http://www.aol.co.uk/safety/
    Safety and Security is paramount at AOL, and we are constantly finding
    ways to make your online experience safer. Click on the links below to
    find advice on how to keep yourself and your family more secure online.

    Me
    why?, Nov 27, 2005
  8. richardbardsley wrote:
    > The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.
    > They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer window.Then
    > you cant close it.
    > Explain that.
    > I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I
    > think.

    Have you installed our Service Pak 2?
    --
    - Frank DeLucca -

    MS-MPV
    Microsoft Corparation
    Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV, Nov 28, 2005
  9. Howdy!

    "James" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > > In news:,
    > > richardbardsley spewed forth:
    > >> The popup window actually says that AOL provided it.
    > >> They are producing a do you want to install sex viewer window.Then
    > >> you cant close it.
    > >> Explain that.
    > >> I need some kind of blocking software that is independent of isp I
    > >> think.

    > > That's it. Final proof the idiot is a troll. Killfile the bastard.
    > >
    > > *<PLONK>*

    > It's taken you *THIS* long..???

    Maybe Tim just needed the laugh?

    RwP
    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 28, 2005
  10. richardbardsley

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV" <> wrote in message

    > Have you installed our Service Pak 2?

    Assuming you mean MS SP2, its called "Service Pack 2" and it's not "yours" -
    you don't work for MS.

    > - Frank DeLucca -
    >
    > MS-MPV

    Do you mean MVP - "Most Valued Partner"?

    > Microsoft Corparation

    Again, you don't work for Microsoft. In the unusual situation that an MVP
    *does* actually work for MS, we would expect you could spell "service pack
    2" and "MVP" correctly.

    What category did you get awarded your MVP in? Minesweeper?

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 28, 2005
  11. Dan Evans wrote:

    > Do you mean MVP - "Most Valued Partner"?
    >

    >>Microsoft Corparation

    > Again, you don't work for Microsoft. In the unusual situation that an MVP
    > *does* actually work for MS, we would expect you could spell "service pack
    > 2" and "MVP" correctly.
    >
    > What category did you get awarded your MVP in? Minesweeper?
    >
    > Dan

    Whooooosh!

    --
    Registered Linux User no 240308
    Ubuntu 5.10
    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Nov 28, 2005
  12. richardbardsley

    Dave Lear Guest

    "Dan Evans" wrote in message

    >> MS-MPV

    > Do you mean MVP - "Most Valued Partner"?

    Erm, probably not because an MVP is actually a "Most Valuable Professional".
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    If you correct another poster's 'errors' you'd better make sure you're not
    making one youself whilst doing so.
    Dave Lear, Nov 28, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:438ad1db$0$7750$,
    Dan Evans spewed forth:
    > "Frank DeLucca, MS-MPV" <> wrote in
    > message news:...
    >
    >> Have you installed our Service Pak 2?

    > Assuming you mean MS SP2, its called "Service Pack 2" and it's not
    > "yours" - you don't work for MS.
    >
    >> - Frank DeLucca -
    >>
    >> MS-MPV

    > Do you mean MVP - "Most Valued Partner"?
    >
    >> Microsoft Corparation

    > Again, you don't work for Microsoft. In the unusual situation that an
    > MVP *does* actually work for MS, we would expect you could spell
    > "service pack 2" and "MVP" correctly.

    Frank isn't an MVP, he's an MPV. Most Perverted Vulture.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 28, 2005
  14. richardbardsley

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Dave Lear" <> wrote in message

    > "Dan Evans" wrote in message
    >
    >>> MS-MPV

    >> Do you mean MVP - "Most Valued Partner"?

    > Erm, probably not because an MVP is actually a "Most Valuable
    > Professional".
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

    OK, fair enough - though in my defense, last I checked on the local MS site
    (Spanish), it did say "Valued Partner"

    > If you correct another poster's 'errors' you'd better make sure you're not
    > making one youself whilst doing so.

    Again, fair comment - though not actually an error with the weird MS
    translations we usually get here.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Nov 28, 2005