    Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    ....particularly Wellington.?

    NZed

    paradise, Mar 25, 2006

  2. paradise

    JohnO Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    > ...particularly Wellington.?
    >
    > NZed

    Let me get this straight: You want me to recommend toyou a bunch of
    blood sucking compulsive liars, preferably in Wellington.... am I
    correct?

    JohnO, Mar 25, 2006

  3. paradise

    Steve Guest

    On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 22:24:37 +1200, paradise wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    > ...particularly Wellington.?
    >
    > NZed

    I'd start from the stuff website myself.

    Steve, Mar 25, 2006
  4. paradise

    Bruce Hoult Guest

    In article <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:

    > Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    > ...particularly Wellington.?

    No.

    They suck.

    --
    Bruce | 41.1670S | \ spoken | -+-

    Bruce Hoult, Mar 26, 2006
  5. paradise

    Peter Guest

    Bruce Hoult wrote:

    > In article <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    >> ...particularly Wellington?

    I cannot think why employers entrust recruitment to such outfits. I note
    that staff keep breaking off and forming separate companies over the years
    eg

    Hudson (or a predecessor name) --> Momentum --> Powerhouse (I think)

    As for that firm with three dicky birds ......

    Or the one named after a British city where the owner went bust (I think)

    Or another one where a former principal is now on the buses.

    Peter, Mar 26, 2006
  6. paradise

    Guest

    Bruce Hoult wrote:
    > In article <>, "paradise" <nzed> wrote:
    >

    >>Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    >>...particularly Wellington.?

    > No.
    >
    > They suck.

    heh....No, none.

    They do indeed suck, big time....

    Avoid if possible...otherwise look at seek.co.nz, stuff.co.nz and
    check.co.nz (and in that order IHMO).

    They really do not have a clue and will sell your ass anywhere to make a
    buck, think of them as slave traders...and approach them like that...

    Without doubt some employ "consultants" who have the morals of a typical
    real estate agent...hmmm that explains where they get them from.......lol.

    regards

    Thing

    , Mar 26, 2006
  7. paradise

    Adam Guest

    On 25 Mar 2006 14:15:38 -0800, JohnO wrote:

    >paradise wrote:
    >> Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    >> ...particularly Wellington.?
    >>
    >> NZed

    >Let me get this straight: You want me to recommend toyou a bunch of
    >blood sucking compulsive liars, preferably in Wellington.... am I
    >correct?

    You forgot to mention brain-dead ;-)

    I tried many, a few years back (in Auckland) and they truly were -
    almost without exception - an appalling waste of time. They generally
    know sod-all about IT, so how they hell can they place you?

    They never, ever, return phone calls and rarely reply to e-mails. They
    contact you when it suits *them*.

    For some reason, many IT companies seem contractually bound to use
    recruitment agencies (or is it some old union hangover?). I suspect
    it's because they're used by personnel officers .... who *also* know
    sweet nothing about IT. It's a sort of middle-management "jobs for the
    boys" scenario that hardly ever matches jobs to people, IMHO - just
    keeps agencies in money.

    Adam.

    Adam, Mar 26, 2006
  8. Trust me when i speak from Personal Experience that Recruitment Agencies
    are all really frekkin useless - they spout so much shit but they don't
    even lift a finger to help you look for a job. I've been to so many and
    they have all promised the world and delivered 2/5 of stuff all.

    Master Galvatron, Mar 26, 2006
  9. paradise

    Jerry Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    > ...particularly Wellington.?
    >
    > NZed

    Recruitment companies only exist to make lawyers, real estate agents and
    used car salesmen look ethical. I won't recommend any of them.

    Jerry, Mar 26, 2006
  10. paradise

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <442639a8$>, Jerry <> wrote:

    >Recruitment companies only exist to make lawyers, real estate agents and
    >used car salesmen look ethical. I won't recommend any of them.

    How about IT temping agencies? Are there any temping agencies that deal in
    IT work that are worth the effort of listing with?

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Mar 26, 2006
  11. I think they are all the same. I dealt with a couple of IT Recruiting
    companies and dealt with a lot of Finance industry Recruitment companies
    - and they are all bad - the lot of them.

    In fact im still waiting to hear back from Manpower regarding whether or
    not i was shortlisted for an interview for an Insurance role i applied
    for - this was 2 weeks ago. Not that i care anymore, i found a new job
    via seek dealing directly with the employer - best way to go.

    Master Galvatron, Mar 26, 2006
  12. paradise

    thingy Guest

    Don Hills wrote:
    > In article <442639a8$>, Jerry <> wrote:
    >
    >>Recruitment companies only exist to make lawyers, real estate agents and
    >>used car salesmen look ethical. I won't recommend any of them.

    > How about IT temping agencies? Are there any temping agencies that deal in
    > IT work that are worth the effort of listing with?

    The ones I have talked with seem to lock your future prospects as a
    contractor to them only if they can. Things like 2 years "gardening
    leave"....ie if you work for someone via them, then you cannot take a
    direct employment / another contract via another agency for 2
    years....in a small town like Wellington that is an issue (London who
    cares).

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Mar 27, 2006
  13. paradise

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <>, thingy <> wrote:

    >The ones I have talked with seem to lock your future prospects as a
    >contractor to them only if they can. Things like 2 years "gardening
    >leave"....ie if you work for someone via them, then you cannot take a
    >direct employment / another contract via another agency for 2
    >years....in a small town like Wellington that is an issue (London who
    >cares).

    Thanks. They'll have to struggle to meet their commitments without me if
    they try that one on.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

    Don Hills, Mar 27, 2006
  14. paradise

    JohnO Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Don Hills wrote:
    > > In article <442639a8$>, Jerry <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Recruitment companies only exist to make lawyers, real estate agents and
    > >>used car salesmen look ethical. I won't recommend any of them.

    > > How about IT temping agencies? Are there any temping agencies that deal in
    > > IT work that are worth the effort of listing with?
    > >

    > The ones I have talked with seem to lock your future prospects as a
    > contractor to them only if they can. Things like 2 years "gardening
    > leave"....ie if you work for someone via them, then you cannot take a
    > direct employment / another contract via another agency for 2
    > years....in a small town like Wellington that is an issue (London who
    > cares).
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Those sorts of restrictions fall down faster than a house of cards.
    It's a restraint of trade. Even shorter periods won't hold up unless
    there's compensation. Anything more than 3 months is fairly unlikely to
    be defendable.

    JohnO, Mar 27, 2006
  15. paradise

    smf Guest

    paradise wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend any IT Recruitment companys in New Zealand
    > ...particularly Wellington.?
    >
    > NZed

    I would have to agree with the previous comments - I have been at the
    other end of the recruitment agency experience, trying to get them to
    recruit for us. Appalling service; the firstcut process I think they
    threw sticks in the air to decide....setting potential employees
    expectations very high, and in one case .. outright lies about the
    position being offered.
    Deal with the employer directly if you can - I have yet to see anything
    beneficial in using a recruitment company.
    In the end we employed an HR person fulltime to take over the
    recruitment for us in house .... much much easier ....

    Sue

    smf, Mar 29, 2006