    Hi,

    just to know if NZ IT recruiters prefer MCSE (MS) and RHCE (Linux)
    certifications and experience instead of university diploma ?
    JMG, May 24, 2004

  2. > just to know if NZ IT recruiters prefer MCSE (MS) and RHCE (Linux)
    > certifications and experience instead of university diploma ?

    In my experience, they prefer experience later backed up with token
    certs to show that you can proove it :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 25, 2004

  3. JMG

    JMG Guest

    "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > > just to know if NZ IT recruiters prefer MCSE (MS) and RHCE (Linux)
    > > certifications and experience instead of university diploma ?
    >
    > In my experience, they prefer experience later backed up with token
    > certs to show that you can proove it :)

    Well, you said "in my experience", do you work on Unix Plarforms ? I'm a
    Unix Administrator (Solaris + Linux (Debian)) and search a job but more in a
    production context.
    I've seen some jobs on it.seek.co.nz that someone gave me on this forum. It
    looks great and hope to find one ! Thanks for your response.
    JMG, May 25, 2004
  4. >>>just to know if NZ IT recruiters prefer MCSE (MS) and RHCE (Linux)
    >>>certifications and experience instead of university diploma ?

    >>In my experience, they prefer experience later backed up with token
    >>certs to show that you can proove it :)

    > Well, you said "in my experience", do you work on Unix Plarforms ?

    nope, windows environment all the way here...

    > I'm a
    > Unix Administrator (Solaris + Linux (Debian)) and search a job but more in a
    > production context.
    > I've seen some jobs on it.seek.co.nz that someone gave me on this forum. It
    > looks great and hope to find one ! Thanks for your response.

    sounds like my experience is not really relevant to you, but hey, you
    asked :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 25, 2004