    area of management, becoming an IT manager? Should I be going for more
    professional certifications? What and how must I do in order to fufill my
    vision? Thanks dude.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVs?=, Nov 2, 2007

  2. Hey dude. If I were you I'd totally think about riding the waves into
    somethin like an ITIL or PMP class to get skooled on the ways of the Project
    Manager, even if you don't plan on catching the certification it would be a
    good idea to get learned.

    Oh and also. I would stop talking like a surfer and not use the word dude in
    your Job Interview.

    --
    ..rev

    accepting it"
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Nov 2, 2007

  3. As The Rev somewhat jokingly points out here, you need to start focusing on
    the mix of business and technical skill that will present yourself as a
    management candidate. Part of that is also learning something in the way of
    professional presentation in your communications. Even for informal places
    such as a professional-related newsgroup.

    Focus on starting to look at project management certs. Project+, CAPM, PMP,
    Microsoft's MCTS in Project management with Project 2007, the MCTS in Program
    management with Project 2007. Also, look at classes in ITIL foundations and
    exams surrounding the MOF.

    Balance these with perhaps some classes in business subjects. Finance.
    Accounting. Formal management and leadership seminars.
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Nov 2, 2007