    driver not nvidia driver. still crashes on some elevated screens but it
    even shows second monitor. I have not tried to connect second monitor yet.
    Thanks for the help

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 11, 2008

  2. Matt Schneyer

    Carlos Guest

    Does your motherboard have on-board video?
    If it is a Tyan S2882-D, it does have it and you should disable it in BIOS.
    That should account for you issues.
    Also, please DO install the latest Nvidia drivers v175.19 for you 7600gs card!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 11, 2008

  3. it is tyan 2885 no on board video Nvidia 175.19 did not work in elevated
    privileges. I am using a borrowed ATI 9000 card was seen on reboot, aero
    is working fan is noisy why I could borrow it but it Vista 64 is working
    just fine score ,but it really does not matter if stable not a gamer ,
    dropped from 4.6 to 4 still pretty good. It is stable. actually
    defragging now? Thank you

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 12, 2008
  4. Matt Schneyer

    Carlos Guest

    Matt,
    Latest ATI drivers for you 9000 series card can be downloaded here:
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=vista64/integrated-vista64
    Getting back to NVidia...
    What do you mean by "Nvidia 175.19 did not work in elevated privileges"?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 12, 2008
  5. When asked if you really want to do something. Basically when screen grays
    out it would go black and freeze sold. If I stayed away fromsomething and
    only did basic stuff not admin stuff it would crash. After removing nvidia
    before each install I went thru a bunch of drivers from new to older all
    with same affect. In safe mode everything was fine, not using graghic driver
    but standard vga driver. I thought it was dep but can't do anthing about
    that in 64 bit.. computer is still thrashing thru defrag. so far reclaimed
    about 15 gigs. But stable with ATI card. I will check out drivers
    Thanks

    Matt Schneyer, Aug 12, 2008