IT "globalisation"

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thing, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. thing

    thing Guest

    thing, Apr 7, 2005

  2. thing

    Jedmeister Guest

    Jedmeister, Apr 8, 2005

  3. thing

    thing Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <BNo5e.16983$>,
    > "Jedmeister" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"thing" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03DOMINANCE.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5
    >>>090&en=cc2a003cd936d374&ex=1270267200&partner=rssuserland

    >>Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
    >>countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
    >>the work then?

    > Africa.

    yep, EDS was already looking at Egypt as the next cheap labour source.

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Apr 8, 2005
  4. thing

    thing Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > "thing" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/m...03cd936d374&ex=1270267200&partner=rssuserland
    >>
    >>found it interesting
    >>
    >>regards
    >>
    >>Thing

    > Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
    > countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
    > the work then?

    While talking about knowledge workers, what about the next stage, ie
    Indian CEO's. Why do we need mediocre top managers? ones from India etc
    should be as good if not better and way cheaper....

    regards

    thing

    thing, Apr 8, 2005
  5. In article <BNo5e.16983$>,
    "Jedmeister" <> wrote:

    >"thing" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/03/magazine/03DOMINANCE.html?pagewanted=2&ei=5
    >> 090&en=cc2a003cd936d374&ex=1270267200&partner=rssuserland

    >Wait until employees from the chinese/indians/ and other dodgy 3rd world
    >countries want the same pay as the developed nations - where will they send
    >the work then?

    Africa.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 8, 2005