IT courses on fault finding ~ In Wellington

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by thingy, May 21, 2006.

  1. thingy

    thingy Guest

    Hi All,

    I am looking for courses that teach fault finding and analysis but in a
    generic sense.

    Methods and concepts, rather than looking at specific say hardware items.

    I am interested in something that teaches a foundation that can be used
    in any situation.....ie not what part of a server for instance that is
    faulty, but finding the server where an application or business system
    is not functioning correctly across an infrastructure. Such an
    "infrastructure" could incorporate network, WAN, firewall, server, OSes,
    applications, users.....

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, May 21, 2006

  2. On Mon, 22 May 2006 07:11:20 +1200, thingy <> wrote
    in <news:p>:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for courses that teach fault finding and analysis but in a
    > generic sense.
    >
    > Methods and concepts, rather than looking at specific say hardware items.
    >
    > I am interested in something that teaches a foundation that can be used
    > in any situation.....ie not what part of a server for instance that is
    > faulty, but finding the server where an application or business system
    > is not functioning correctly across an infrastructure. Such an
    > "infrastructure" could incorporate network, WAN, firewall, server, OSes,
    > applications, users.....

    ...... boards of directors, councils, governments .....

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
    E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail@com (swap "." and "@")

    .... When I step in the middle of things, I wipe my shoes when I leave.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, May 21, 2006

  3. thingy

    shannon Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for courses that teach fault finding and analysis but in a
    > generic sense.
    >
    > Methods and concepts, rather than looking at specific say hardware items.
    >
    > I am interested in something that teaches a foundation that can be used
    > in any situation.....ie not what part of a server for instance that is
    > faulty, but finding the server where an application or business system
    > is not functioning correctly across an infrastructure. Such an
    > "infrastructure" could incorporate network, WAN, firewall, server, OSes,
    > applications, users.....
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    Try the Universal Troubleshoting Process :)

    http://www.troubleshooters.com/tuni.htm

    shannon, May 21, 2006
  4. thingy

    Bok Guest

    thingy wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am looking for courses that teach fault finding and analysis but in a
    > generic sense.
    >
    > Methods and concepts, rather than looking at specific say hardware items.
    >
    > I am interested in something that teaches a foundation that can be used
    > in any situation.....ie not what part of a server for instance that is
    > faulty, but finding the server where an application or business system
    > is not functioning correctly across an infrastructure. Such an
    > "infrastructure" could incorporate network, WAN, firewall, server, OSes,
    > applications, users.....

    Can't help with the course, but this site is a good starting point for
    info on ITSM / ITIL foundations and best practices:

    http://www.itilfoundations.com/

    Bok, May 22, 2006