it could only happen in the Land of the Free

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by JohnO, Jan 3, 2005.

  1. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    >> http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >> Ye gods.
    >> A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    > anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have a
    > gun, and yet they filter the net?

    What's that about filtering the net?

    JohnO, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Peter Huebner, Jan 4, 2005

  3. JohnO

    Bok Guest

    Peter Huebner wrote:
    > http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >
    > A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    The cash equivalent option looks quite good if they give you the
    equivalent of the quoted retail price.

    BTW: It's not a machine gun, it's a single shot bolt action rifle :)

    Bok, Jan 4, 2005
  4. JohnO wrote:
    >>>http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >>>Ye gods.
    >>>A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    >>anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have a
    >>gun, and yet they filter the net?

    > What's that about filtering the net?

    taken from the site mentioned above.

    GodBlessAmerica.org (A Pro Gun Owners Site)
    Is A Nationwide "High Speed" Internet Service Provider That Will
    Donate $3.00 Every Month Of The $19.95 Monthly Internet Access Charge
    "TO FIGHTING ANTI-GUN LEGISLATION"

    Featuring "8X-800% Plus" Faster Dial-Up & "Family Safe
    Server Based Filtering" With 10,000 Nationwide Access Numbers!

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 4, 2005
  5. JohnO wrote:
    > What's that about filtering the net?

    oh yeah, you're a day behind.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 4, 2005
  6. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    > JohnO wrote:
    >> What's that about filtering the net?

    > oh yeah, you're a day behind.

    Heh, thanks!

    JohnO, Jan 4, 2005
  7. JohnO

    JohnO Guest

    > JohnO wrote:
    >> What's that about filtering the net?

    > oh yeah, you're a day behind.

    Heh, thanks!

    JohnO, Jan 4, 2005
  8. JohnO

    Sue Bilstein Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 11:26:22 +1300, "JohnO" <> wrote:
    >"Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >> Peter Huebner wrote:
    >>> http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >>> Ye gods.
    >>> A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    >> anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have a
    >> gun, and yet they filter the net?

    >What's that about filtering the net?

    Hi JohnO, check your clock.

    Sue Bilstein, Jan 4, 2005
  9. JohnO

    Sue Bilstein, Jan 4, 2005
  10. JohnO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Peter Huebner wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >> Ye gods.
    >> A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    > anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have a
    > gun, and yet they filter the net?

    Not really, a lot of Americans think that way - guns are way of life,
    porn is for deviants.

    Chris Mayhew, Jan 5, 2005
  11. Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >>> http://www.godblessamerica.org/wrap.php?file=goa.html
    >>> Ye gods.
    >>> A free machine gun compliments of your new ISP.

    >> anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have
    >> a gun, and yet they filter the net?

    > Not really, a lot of Americans think that way - guns are way of life,
    > porn is for deviants.

    now guns in porn... thats the way...

    :/

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 5, 2005
  12. JohnO

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> anyone else find it odd that they support everyone being free to have
    >>> a gun, and yet they filter the net?

    >> Not really, a lot of Americans think that way - guns are way of life,
    >> porn is for deviants.

    > now guns in porn... thats the way...
    >
    > :/

    Your talents are wasted in IT, you should be in marketing !

    Chris Mayhew, Jan 5, 2005
  13. Chris Mayhew wrote:

    >>> Not really, a lot of Americans think that way - guns are way of life,
    >>> porn is for deviants.

    >> now guns in porn... thats the way...
    >> :/

    > Your talents are wasted in IT, you should be in marketing !

    so many people have said that I remind them of a car salesman... maybe
    you're right :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jan 5, 2005
  14. On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 14:53:15 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > now guns in porn... thats the way...

    Naked Gun?

    Richard

    Richard Hector, Jan 6, 2005