    I've heard that the IT industry will be in HIGH demand in the next five year
    and be increasing for up to 10 years.

    The reason for this I think is because of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
    natural_4u, Jul 14, 2004

  2. natural_4u

    AG Guest

    "natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    news:9H_Ic.10023$od7.2695@pd7tw3no...
    > I've heard that the IT industry will be in HIGH demand in the next five

    year
    > and be increasing for up to 10 years.
    >
    > The reason for this I think is because of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.

    There may not be a boom here in Arkansas but I'm not going to Canada unless
    I get a really nice contract that lasts no later than November 1.
    It gets cold in Canada.
    AG
    AG, Jul 14, 2004

  3. On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:11:37 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    >> I've heard that the IT industry will be in HIGH demand in the next five

    >year
    >> and be increasing for up to 10 years.
    >>
    >> The reason for this I think is because of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
    >>

    >There may not be a boom here in Arkansas but I'm not going to Canada unless
    >I get a really nice contract that lasts no later than November 1.
    >It gets cold in Canada.
    >AG

    You may get used to it. I personally like the cold. It gets cold in
    parts of the US also. :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 14, 2004
  4. natural_4u

    Gary Guest

    >"natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    >> I've heard that the IT industry will be in HIGH demand in the next five

    >year
    >> and be increasing for up to 10 years.
    >>
    >> The reason for this I think is because of the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
    >>

    >There may not be a boom here in Arkansas but I'm not going to Canada unless
    >I get a really nice contract that lasts no later than November 1.
    >It gets cold in Canada.
    >AG

    It doesn't get cold in Vancouver.
    Gary, Jul 15, 2004
  5. natural_4u

    AG Guest

    "Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:11:37 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    > >> I've heard that the IT industry will be in HIGH demand in the next five

    > >year
    > >> and be increasing for up to 10 years.
    > >>
    > >> The reason for this I think is because of the 2010 Olympics in

    Vancouver.

    > >There may not be a boom here in Arkansas but I'm not going to Canada

    unless
    > >I get a really nice contract that lasts no later than November 1.
    > >It gets cold in Canada.
    > >AG
    > >

    > You may get used to it. I personally like the cold. It gets cold in
    > parts of the US also. :)
    >
    > Tom

    I know but when it gets below freezing here within a couple of days it's
    warmed back up. The climate here is classed as subtropical. For instance
    my mom has fig trees in her yard and we can grow tomatoes till October.
    I'm getting older, my knees and back hurt when it's cold and I don't like
    snow at all.
    GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE. Aren't we old men grouchy. :)
    AG
    AG, Jul 15, 2004
  6. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:17:40 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:11:37 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >>

    >> >"natural_4u" <> wrote in message
    >> >year

    >Vancouver.
    >> >>

    >> >There may not be a boom here in Arkansas but I'm not going to Canada

    >unless
    >> >I get a really nice contract that lasts no later than November 1.
    >> >It gets cold in Canada.
    >> >AG
    >> >

    >> You may get used to it. I personally like the cold. It gets cold in
    >> parts of the US also. :)
    >>
    >> Tom

    >I know but when it gets below freezing here within a couple of days it's
    >warmed back up. The climate here is classed as subtropical. For instance
    >my mom has fig trees in her yard and we can grow tomatoes till October.
    >I'm getting older, my knees and back hurt when it's cold and I don't like
    >snow at all.
    >GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE. Aren't we old men grouchy. :)
    >AG

    I'm almost 48. Some of my co-workers think I'm a bit off, but I will
    go outside, usually for brief periods, but sometimes longer, in -30 C
    (-22 F) wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I rarely even get goose bumps.
    The down side is this time of year. 15C (67 F), sometimes lower, and I
    start to suffer. My body's thermostat is way off.

    Thankfully it doesn't get really hot here...rarely do we exceed 90 F.

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 15, 2004
  7. natural_4u

    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:17:40 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    five

    > >Vancouver.

    > >unless
    > >> >

    > >> You may get used to it. I personally like the cold. It gets cold in
    > >> parts of the US also. :)
    > >>
    > >> Tom

    > >I know but when it gets below freezing here within a couple of days it's
    > >warmed back up. The climate here is classed as subtropical. For

    instance
    > >my mom has fig trees in her yard and we can grow tomatoes till October.
    > >I'm getting older, my knees and back hurt when it's cold and I don't like
    > >snow at all.
    > >GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE. Aren't we old men grouchy. :)
    > >AG
    > >

    > I'm almost 48. Some of my co-workers think I'm a bit off, but I will
    > go outside, usually for brief periods, but sometimes longer, in -30 C
    > (-22 F) wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I rarely even get goose bumps.
    > The down side is this time of year. 15C (67 F), sometimes lower, and I
    > start to suffer. My body's thermostat is way off.
    >
    > Thankfully it doesn't get really hot here...rarely do we exceed 90 F.
    >
    > Tom

    According to the weather info on our home page it's 93 F here now. Heat
    index yesterday was 105 or so. It's cool today we had a "cool" front go
    through last night. This is the worst time of the year to live here. It
    has always gotten cooler before. :)

    AG
    AG, Jul 15, 2004
  8. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:34:33 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:17:40 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >> >I know but when it gets below freezing here within a couple of days it's
    >> >warmed back up. The climate here is classed as subtropical. For

    >instance
    >> >my mom has fig trees in her yard and we can grow tomatoes till October.
    >> >I'm getting older, my knees and back hurt when it's cold and I don't like
    >> >snow at all.
    >> >GRIPE, GRIPE, GRIPE. Aren't we old men grouchy. :)
    >> >AG
    >> >

    >> I'm almost 48. Some of my co-workers think I'm a bit off, but I will
    >> go outside, usually for brief periods, but sometimes longer, in -30 C
    >> (-22 F) wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I rarely even get goose bumps.
    >> The down side is this time of year. 15C (67 F), sometimes lower, and I
    >> start to suffer. My body's thermostat is way off.
    >>
    >> Thankfully it doesn't get really hot here...rarely do we exceed 90 F.
    >>
    >> Tom

    >According to the weather info on our home page it's 93 F here now. Heat
    >index yesterday was 105 or so. It's cool today we had a "cool" front go
    >through last night. This is the worst time of the year to live here. It
    >has always gotten cooler before. :)
    >
    >AG

    Where are you. I'm in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada (on the east
    coast). Very benign climate here; not too hot, not too cold, few
    natural disaster events. Vancouver (mentioned in another post, on the
    west coast) doesn't get as cold, but gets a lot hotter. One
    less-pleasant aspect of the climate here is the humidity, though; it
    can be relatively high in cold or warm temperatures, which exacerbates
    the effects of the temperature extremes. Not high enough, especially
    in the cold, though, to ignore ESD precautions.

    How do you like the way I dragged this back on-topic? :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 16, 2004
  9. natural_4u

    > On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 16:34:33 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    it's

    > >instance

    October.

    like

    > >> I'm almost 48. Some of my co-workers think I'm a bit off, but I will
    > >> go outside, usually for brief periods, but sometimes longer, in -30 C
    > >> (-22 F) wearing a short-sleeved shirt. I rarely even get goose bumps.
    > >> The down side is this time of year. 15C (67 F), sometimes lower, and I
    > >> start to suffer. My body's thermostat is way off.
    > >>
    > >> Thankfully it doesn't get really hot here...rarely do we exceed 90 F.
    > >>
    > >> Tom

    > >According to the weather info on our home page it's 93 F here now. Heat
    > >index yesterday was 105 or so. It's cool today we had a "cool" front go
    > >through last night. This is the worst time of the year to live here. It
    > >has always gotten cooler before. :)
    > >
    > >AG
    > >

    > Where are you. I'm in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada (on the east
    > coast). Very benign climate here; not too hot, not too cold, few
    > natural disaster events. Vancouver (mentioned in another post, on the
    > west coast) doesn't get as cold, but gets a lot hotter. One
    > less-pleasant aspect of the climate here is the humidity, though; it
    > can be relatively high in cold or warm temperatures, which exacerbates
    > the effects of the temperature extremes. Not high enough, especially
    > in the cold, though, to ignore ESD precautions.
    >
    > How do you like the way I dragged this back on-topic? :)

    Bery Bery good.

    > Tom

    Benton AR
    If you want some small town gossip go to :
    http://up-link.net/modules/news/

    That's our home page.
    AG
    AG, Jul 16, 2004
  10. On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 18:44:50 -0500, "AG" <> wrote:

    >"Tom MacIntyre" <> wrote in message

    >> Where are you. I'm in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada (on the east
    >> coast). Very benign climate here; not too hot, not too cold, few
    >> natural disaster events. Vancouver (mentioned in another post, on the
    >> west coast) doesn't get as cold, but gets a lot hotter. One
    >> less-pleasant aspect of the climate here is the humidity, though; it
    >> can be relatively high in cold or warm temperatures, which exacerbates
    >> the effects of the temperature extremes. Not high enough, especially
    >> in the cold, though, to ignore ESD precautions.
    >>
    >> How do you like the way I dragged this back on-topic? :)

    >Bery Bery good.
    >

    >> Tom

    >Benton AR
    >If you want some small town gossip go to :
    >http://up-link.net/modules/news/
    >
    >That's our home page.
    >AG

    Arkansas...home state of a former US president who is exactly 10 years
    older than I am. Easy trivia... :)

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 16, 2004
  11. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:07:17 -0400, Drew <> wrote:

    >Hey Tom:
    >
    >Whereabouts do you live? Lots of IT jobs there? That sounds like the
    >climate I like. I actually like cold weather and a temp not above 90
    >would be nice. Perhaps I should think about that after I finish the
    >grad degree in May!
    >
    >Drew

    Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the east coast.

    Actually, we've lost 2 big IT call center clients recently, and they
    were the best large-scale (for us) job opportunities around. We have
    high unemployment and good government support for training while
    unemployed, so many people get IT training, and many remain
    unemployed.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 21, 2004
  12. On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 19:32:11 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:07:17 -0400, Drew <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hey Tom:
    >>
    >>Whereabouts do you live? Lots of IT jobs there? That sounds like the
    >>climate I like. I actually like cold weather and a temp not above 90
    >>would be nice. Perhaps I should think about that after I finish the
    >>grad degree in May!
    >>
    >>Drew
    >>

    >Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, Canada, on the east coast.
    >
    >Actually, we've lost 2 big IT call center clients recently, and they
    >were the best large-scale (for us)

    insert "IT"

    I'm sure most have assumed that that's what I meant. :)

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 21, 2004