    seeing one for the digital camera. HOwever, no luck finding such an
    accessory on the B&H website...

    Thanks!
    FDN, Jan 13, 2004

  2. "FDN" <> wrote in message
    news:YTYMb.30376$...
    > Does a battery grip exist for the Pentax *ist Digital? I know the film

    *ist
    > has one - a nice one, with a second shutter release - and seem to remember
    > seeing one for the digital camera. HOwever, no luck finding such an
    > accessory on the B&H website...

    From the Pentax website http://www.pentax.com

    "Exclusive accessories
    Powered by four AA-sized batteries, the optional D-BG1 battery grip prolongs
    the *ist D's operation time. It can be mounted onto the bottom of the *ist
    D without removing the battery stored inside the camera, so the battery life
    is extended considerably. It also comes equipped with a vertical-position
    shutter release button, a preview lever, Tv/Av dials and an AE lock button.
    The optional O-CC10 camera case stores an *ist D camera body set with a
    standard zoom lens and features an inside pocket to hold a lens cap and the
    optional remote controller."
    Darrell Larose, Jan 13, 2004