issues with turning on computer

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by jleon_9, Oct 8, 2008.

1. jleon_9

jleon_9

I have a weird situation, i hope someone can help me out. Let me start with the first problems.
    My computer would restart on its own for the last few weeks without me doing anything to it.
    Then yesterday the computer was on the when i came back screen was black, nothing appeared on the screen but the computer was still on. Then i tried turning of the computer by hold the button on the tower and it would not turn off. SO i had to turn the switch off from the power strip where you can plug in multiple cords. Now when i turn the computer on all the fans are working but i don't hear a beep or even any sound from the harddrive. And of course nothing appears on the screen. Does this make sense on what i just said? DOes anyone have any ideas? I tried unplugging everything from my motherboard and putting everything back in and still nothing.
    HELP thanks

jleon_9, Oct 8, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. jleon_9

krayknot

It seems soome circuits on the motherboard are short circuited

krayknot, Oct 21, 2008
    1. Advertising

3. jleon_9

johny84

My guess would be that the Motherboard broke, otherwise there would at least be a beep or sth. Have you tried reseting the BIOS or leaving it without the power cord connected for a while ?

johny84, Nov 5, 2008
  4. jleon_9

eagleknight.com

Sounds like a Power Supply Problem

I had a similar problem with one of my systems several months ago. It would periodically decide to reboot itself. I investigated the possibility that it was overheating and added more fans. In the end it turned out to be the power supply was not consistently providing enough power. Something else you should consider besides cooling or power is spyware/malware. A couple of years ago, I had a serious problem with spyware that caused erratic behavior including rebooting.

Good Luck

EagleKnight.com
    Hispanic Genealogy

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
    eagleknight.com, Nov 12, 2008
    1. Advertising