ISScript error on Install

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Grimtooth, Nov 13, 2003.

  1. Grimtooth

    Grimtooth Guest

    I am running Windows XP, and whenever I try to install or uninstall
    anything, before it starts installing or uninstalling, I window pops up that
    says:

    The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk
    that is not available

    Insert the 'ISScript' disk and click okay.

    Use Feature From:
    [And then there's a dropdown box that says:] 1

    If I click cancel, it comes up 1 or 2 more times, and if I continue clicking
    cancel through it, they will eventually stop coming up and the installation
    or uninstall will finish as normal. It's not interfering with the install
    or uninstilation, but it's really annoying.

    --

    "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what
    the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

    There is another which states that this has already happened."

    ~ Douglas Adams "The Restaraunt
    at the End of the Universe"

    Grimtooth, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Grimtooth

    °Mike° Guest

    When you try to install a program after upgrading to
    Windows XP, you receive a message similar to: 'The
    feature you are trying to use is on a network resource
    that is unavailable'
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6700/rh6768.htm

    On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:50:00 -0500, in
    <3fb345b3$0$60828$>
    Grimtooth scrawled:

    >I am running Windows XP, and whenever I try to install or uninstall
    >anything, before it starts installing or uninstalling, I window pops up that
    >says:
    >
    >The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk
    >that is not available
    >
    >Insert the 'ISScript' disk and click okay.
    >
    >Use Feature From:
    >[And then there's a dropdown box that says:] 1
    >
    >If I click cancel, it comes up 1 or 2 more times, and if I continue clicking
    >cancel through it, they will eventually stop coming up and the installation
    >or uninstall will finish as normal. It's not interfering with the install
    >or uninstilation, but it's really annoying.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 13, 2003