ISP transfer

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mark, Nov 8, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi all, I received this today because I am changing providers

    "Your order will be forwarded onto Telecom as soon as possible. We will
    contact you again via email once a transfer date has been confirmed.
    We are restricted on the number of orders we can place with Telecom each
    day. Unfortunately, due this restriction your transfer could be in 2-4
    weeks. We do apologise for this delay and we're doing everything we can to
    keep this to a minimum."

    The last paragraph is interesting, Telecom restricts the number of orders
    another ISP can place per day!!!

    -**-
    www.myoddjobs.co.nz :- Job auction website
    -**-
    Replace the Z with the e to reply

    Mark, Nov 8, 2004

  2. Mark

    Bb Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all, I received this today because I am changing providers
    >
    > "Your order will be forwarded onto Telecom as soon as possible. We will
    > contact you again via email once a transfer date has been confirmed.
    > We are restricted on the number of orders we can place with Telecom each
    > day. Unfortunately, due this restriction your transfer could be in 2-4
    > weeks. We do apologise for this delay and we're doing everything we can to
    > keep this to a minimum."
    >
    > The last paragraph is interesting, Telecom restricts the number of orders
    > another ISP can place per day!!!

    Unless the restriction described above is self-imposed ? (by the ISP)

    Bb, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Bb wrote:
    >>The last paragraph is interesting, Telecom restricts the number of orders
    >>another ISP can place per day!!!

    > Unless the restriction described above is self-imposed ? (by the ISP)

    From what I have read it is a Telecom restriction.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Mark

    Troglodyte Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Bb wrote:
    >
    >>> The last paragraph is interesting, Telecom restricts the number of
    >>> orders
    >>> another ISP can place per day!!!

    >> Unless the restriction described above is self-imposed ? (by the ISP)

    > From what I have read it is a Telecom restriction.

    when I gave xtra the flick a couple of years ago the fuckers told me
    that there if I were to rejoin them then there would be a reconnection
    charge. cheeky buggers. If anything that made me more determined to
    never go back to them.

    Troglodyte, Dec 4, 2004