    that has a reliable news group service.
    Any recommendations??
    Ive been considering Clear.

    Steve Robertson, Aug 10, 2003

  2. "Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    > Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    > that has a reliable news group service.
    > Any recommendations??
    > Ive been considering Clear.

    Ihug's news service has been rock solid recently (A year or so ago they had
    constant problems with resets and outages but they seem to have solved it
    now).

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Steve Robertson

    Anybody Guest

    In article <>, (Steve
    Robertson) wrote:

    > Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    > that has a reliable news group service.
    > Any recommendations??
    > Ive been considering Clear.

    If you want binaries newsgroups then steer well clear of ihug ...
    unless you want just the porn ones. :-(

    Anybody, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Steve Robertson

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    > that has a reliable news group service.
    > Any recommendations??
    > Ive been considering Clear.

    Yuk!

    I used to be a Clear customer but there were problems with their caching
    servers serving stale pages that I could not get them to recognise.
    Paradise isn't so bad but an awful lot of downloads just stop in the
    middle and time out.

    Mainlander, Aug 10, 2003
  5. Steve Robertson

    Brett Cooper Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:24:23 GMT, (Steve Robertson)
    wrote:

    >Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    >that has a reliable news group service.
    >Any recommendations??
    >Ive been considering Clear.

    www.e3.co.nz I have had no problems with them at all, news server is
    reliable and it's cheap. Pay for a year and it costs $15 a month.

    Brett

    Brett Cooper, Aug 10, 2003
  6. Steve Robertson

    Carl Elphick Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message

    > I used to be a Clear customer but there were problems with their caching
    > servers serving stale pages that I could not get them to recognise.
    > Paradise isn't so bad but an awful lot of downloads just stop in the
    > middle and time out.

    Hehe, Paradise uses Clear's caching now, discovered it by chance

    ---

    Carl Elphick, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Steve Robertson

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 17:12:07 +1200, Anybody
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, (Steve
    >Robertson) wrote:
    >
    >> Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    >> that has a reliable news group service.
    >> Any recommendations??
    >> Ive been considering Clear.

    >If you want binaries newsgroups then steer well clear of ihug ...
    >unless you want just the porn ones. :-(

    Yes, they have seriously reduced their capacity for binary
    attachments, they have dropped lots of groups and reduced the size of
    attachments they will carry so that large multimedia posts will not be
    there and larger scans are gone too, leaving you with low quality
    rubbish, which is often off-topic Spam.

    GraB, Aug 10, 2003
  8. Steve Robertson

    GraB, Aug 10, 2003
  9. Steve Robertson

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <5TmZa.10444$>,
    says...

    > "Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    >
    > > I used to be a Clear customer but there were problems with their caching
    > > servers serving stale pages that I could not get them to recognise.
    > > Paradise isn't so bad but an awful lot of downloads just stop in the
    > > middle and time out.

    > Hehe, Paradise uses Clear's caching now, discovered it by chance

    But when I raised it with them, instead of some guy who had no idea what
    was going on (Clear) they offered to remove the site from their cacheflow
    servers.

    I worked out later that the site in question had something funny with
    their server config that the cacheflow obviously didn't like.

    Mainlander, Aug 11, 2003
  10. Steve Robertson

    Jason Guest

    I use Slingshot and they seem to be great cost $16.95 Month unlimited

    Jason, Aug 12, 2003
  11. "Steve Robertson" <> wrote in message
    > Im looking for a resonable priced (say $25 per mounth) ISP
    > that has a reliable news group service.
    > Any recommendations??
    > Ive been considering Clear.

    Clear are not to bad - although I don't subscribe to binary-distributing
    ngs.

    Clears 'Home 150' package of 150 hours for $15 seems a good deal for those
    (like me) who want something over 10 hours a month but not flat-rate
    unlimited.

    --
    Bryan Souster
    For acronyms (IIRC, TIA etc) visit www.acronymfinder.com for the meanings.