    "Hi there- I am contemplating getting connected to the internet at
    home. But which ISP will I choose? I hope someone can give me sound
    advice. Looking forward to your replies" Marina 1

    marina1, May 12, 2004

  2. marina1

    Dave Taylor Guest

    (marina1) wrote in
    news::

    > "Hi there- I am contemplating getting connected to the internet at
    > home. But which ISP will I choose? I hope someone can give me sound
    > advice. Looking forward to your replies" Marina 1

    Do you need 24 hour phone support. I went with Slingshot for a while
    because the price was good, the service good, and the dial up speed was
    good. It felt twice as good as Paradise, and was half the price. I now
    have Telstra Cable, so no more dial up for me.
    What city are you in, and are you thinking of getting faster than Dial UP?

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, May 13, 2004

  3. marina1

    steve Guest

    marina1 wrote:
    > "Hi there- I am contemplating getting connected to the internet at
    > home. But which ISP will I choose? I hope someone can give me sound
    > advice. Looking forward to your replies" Marina 1

    Slow link or fast? (Dial-up or ADSL/cable/<other broadband>)

    What's your budget/month for Internet? $10 or $50 or more?

    "..... all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed
    to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves
    by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed."
    - Thomas Jefferson

    steve, May 13, 2004
  4. marina1

    Weez Guest

    "marina1" <> wrote in message
    > "Hi there- I am contemplating getting connected to the internet at
    > home. But which ISP will I choose? I hope someone can give me sound
    > advice. Looking forward to your replies" Marina 1

    Use this guide
    http://www.consumer.org.nz/ispsearch.asp?Category=Internet providers real
    helpful, don't know if up-to-date though so may need to check ...J

    Weez, May 13, 2004
  5. Dave Taylor <> wrote:

    > (marina1) wrote in
    >
    > > "Hi there- I am contemplating getting connected to the internet at
    > > home. But which ISP will I choose? I hope someone can give me sound
    > > advice. Looking forward to your replies" Marina 1
    > >

    > Do you need 24 hour phone support. I went with Slingshot for a while
    > because the price was good, the service good, and the dial up speed was
    > good. It felt twice as good as Paradise, and was half the price. I now
    > have Telstra Cable, so no more dial up for me.
    > What city are you in, and are you thinking of getting faster than Dial UP?
    >
    > Ciao, Dave

    Slingshot have been shite IME. Good speed and decent connections, but
    crap service (they ignored almost all of my emails) and lousy 0900 tech
    support that isn't worth the cost. Their refusal to troubleshoot
    anything but MSOE and MSIE pissed me off too (though I'm not sure if
    this is still the case - anyone?).

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, May 13, 2004
  6. Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Their refusal to troubleshoot
    > anything but MSOE and MSIE pissed me off too (though I'm not sure if
    > this is still the case - anyone?).

    Xtra are the same, most ISP's offer a best effort with support of
    "alternative browsers"

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, May 13, 2004