    If there are any viable alternatives to Orcon, I would not mind hearing about
    those as well.

    thanks in advance, regds, -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Apr 1, 2011

  2. Peter Huebner

    Adam Guest

    Have got connected today. Relatively painless and
    connection now from signup some 4 or so days ago.

    The no-plan, just monthly charges are an advantage,
    only a one month "cancellation". But we don't plan
    to cancel often, do we ?

    No shaping, jut a $2/GB over-limit charge, is an advantage.

    Oh, and their www.orcon.net.nz site seems to go
    off-line sometimes - perhaps all ISPs do ?
    (Mail still works, etc, just their site is off the air ?)

    Early days with them. Help on phone is good, but only to
    10pm or so, not 24/7.

    Seem good.
    Adam, Apr 2, 2011

  3. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >So what's Orcon like these days? I am getting a lot of errors from Iconz at the
    >moment (server not found) on two different machines, LDs when gaming which I
    >did not have for ages - so I suspect they are having trouble with dns
    >resolution or routing. Telecom is jacking up prices every chance they get ...
    >Considering that, Oron's platinum deal sounds pretty nice, 30Gb at full
    >(available) speed including home phone line, free tolls and free calls to one
    >country of our choice.
    >Any snags with Orcon? Do they take care of faults when those happen? That's one
    >
    >area that I am just not clear on. Any other pitfalls I might want to know
    >about? Phone quality for instance .. I had tolls with Ihug for a while some
    >years back and the sound quality of phone calls was atrocious at times, plus
    >they could not be contacted when there was a fault in the exchange.
    >If there are any viable alternatives to Orcon, I would not mind hearing about
    >those as well.

    Consider at least actix and inspire. Relaible and great service by all
    accounts. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 3, 2011
  4. In article <inav1a$voh$>,
    says...

    > Consider at least actix and inspire. Relaible and great service by all
    > accounts. :)

    Mmmh, I looked at Actrix at least - but the thing is, I want to change the
    phone line provider (not just the tolls provider) along with the internet. Not
    merely after an isp change, because of Telecom's continued price-jacking I want
    to vote with my feet. From what I've been able to find out, there's only
    Telecom, Vodaphone, Clear and Orcon that offer complete packages.
    Kiwilink offers naked dsl with voip -- I am not sure what to make of
    that, simply not enough data (I found them after my original post here). Feels
    a bit like jumping head first into an unknown body of water if you know what I
    mean. I thought I saw a $70/month offer there the other day but all I can find
    today is $113+gst per month for a 20Gb data package. Works out the same as an
    Orcon platinum 30Gb inc. phone line and free national calling plus one country
    of your choice (which would be nice for my wife who has lots of friends in
    Europe).

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Apr 4, 2011
  5. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >In article <inav1a$voh$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Consider at least actix and inspire. Relaible and great service by all
    >> accounts. :)

    >Mmmh, I looked at Actrix at least - but the thing is, I want to change the
    >phone line provider (not just the tolls provider) along with the internet. Not
    >merely after an isp change, because of Telecom's continued price-jacking I want
    >to vote with my feet.

    Understood ... and that was part of my move to actrix. I pay all
    charges (line/wiring/tolls) to actix and nothing to telecon. It's a little
    cheaper too. :) What actrix does then I know not ... but suspect they may
    well have some kind of bulk deal with telecon. Not (fortunately) my problem.
    :)

    > From what I've been able to find out, there's only
    >Telecom, Vodaphone, Clear and Orcon that offer complete packages.
    > Kiwilink offers naked dsl with voip -- I am not sure what to make of
    >that, simply not enough data (I found them after my original post here). Feels
    >a bit like jumping head first into an unknown body of water if you know what I
    >mean. I thought I saw a $70/month offer there the other day but all I can find
    >today is $113+gst per month for a 20Gb data package. Works out the same as an
    >Orcon platinum 30Gb inc. phone line and free national calling plus one country
    >of your choice (which would be nice for my wife who has lots of friends in
    >Europe).

    Do have a look at actrix ... and give them a call if there's nothing you
    like. They are (or can be :) ) responsive to customers, though IIRC, at
    least one person has them being a tad tougher on newsgroup posting
    complaints than I would have expected. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 5, 2011
  6. Peter Huebner

    Enkidu Guest

    On 05/04/11 11:09, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article<>, Peter Huebner<> wrote:
    >> In article<inav1a$voh$>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> Consider at least actix and inspire. Relaible and great service by all
    >>> accounts. :)

    >> Mmmh, I looked at Actrix at least - but the thing is, I want to change the
    >> phone line provider (not just the tolls provider) along with the internet. Not
    >> merely after an isp change, because of Telecom's continued price-jacking I want
    >> to vote with my feet.

    > Understood ... and that was part of my move to actrix. I pay all
    > charges (line/wiring/tolls) to actix and nothing to telecon. It's a little
    > cheaper too. :) What actrix does then I know not ... but suspect they may
    > well have some kind of bulk deal with telecon. Not (fortunately) my problem.
    > :)
    >

    >> From what I've been able to find out, there's only
    >> Telecom, Vodaphone, Clear and Orcon that offer complete packages.
    >> Kiwilink offers naked dsl with voip -- I am not sure what to make of
    >> that, simply not enough data (I found them after my original post here). Feels
    >> a bit like jumping head first into an unknown body of water if you know what I
    >> mean. I thought I saw a $70/month offer there the other day but all I can find
    >> today is $113+gst per month for a 20Gb data package. Works out the same as an
    >> Orcon platinum 30Gb inc. phone line and free national calling plus one country
    >> of your choice (which would be nice for my wife who has lots of friends in
    >> Europe).

    > Do have a look at actrix ... and give them a call if there's nothing you
    > like. They are (or can be :) ) responsive to customers, though IIRC, at
    > least one person has them being a tad tougher on newsgroup posting
    > complaints than I would have expected. :)

    +1 for Actrix. I've been with them for decades.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles
    Enkidu, Apr 5, 2011
  7. Peter Huebner

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <>, Peter
    > Huebner <> wrote:
    >> In article <inav1a$voh$>,
    >> says...
    >>>
    >>> Consider at least actix and inspire. Relaible and great service by
    >>> all accounts. :)

    >> Mmmh, I looked at Actrix at least - but the thing is, I want to
    >> change the phone line provider (not just the tolls provider) along
    >> with the internet. Not merely after an isp change, because of
    >> Telecom's continued price-jacking I want to vote with my feet.

    > Understood ... and that was part of my move to actrix. I pay all
    > charges (line/wiring/tolls) to actix and nothing to telecon. It's a
    > little
    > cheaper too. :) What actrix does then I know not ... but suspect they
    > may
    > well have some kind of bulk deal with telecon. Not (fortunately) my
    > problem. :)
    >

    >> From what I've been able to find out, there's only
    >> Telecom, Vodaphone, Clear and Orcon that offer complete packages.
    >> Kiwilink offers naked dsl with voip -- I am not sure what to
    >> make of that, simply not enough data (I found them after my original
    >> post here). Feels a bit like jumping head first into an unknown body
    >> of water if you know what I mean. I thought I saw a $70/month offer
    >> there the other day but all I can find today is $113+gst per month
    >> for a 20Gb data package. Works out the same as an Orcon platinum
    >> 30Gb inc. phone line and free national calling plus one country of
    >> your choice (which would be nice for my wife who has lots of friends
    >> in Europe).

    > Do have a look at actrix ... and give them a call if there's nothing
    > you
    > like. They are (or can be :) ) responsive to customers, though IIRC,
    > at
    > least one person has them being a tad tougher on newsgroup posting
    > complaints than I would have expected. :)

    Indeed.

    It's my experience that Actrix don't like to let you call a spade a spade
    when you're using their NNTP service if aforementioned spade complains. In
    fact my doing so (and the spade complaining) resulted in my receiving half a
    kilo of hard-copy of the T&Cs in snail-mail and a letter saying that there
    are no second chances. I'd breached the T&C by using Actrix's services to
    defame someone. Any further transgressions (since when was honesty a
    transgression?) would result in instant termination of my account.

    After a bit of to and fro'ing via email I simply stopped using their NNTP
    service (even though it was part of the attraction initially) but I was told
    that even if I didn't use their NNTP if I accessed another NNTP service
    through their pipes and called the spade out again (and it was bought to
    their attention) I would have my contract terminated with no further notice.

    Since then I've used Eternal September for usenet and Actrix for general
    interweb access (with the $10/month discount for tolls, even though I don't
    spend $10 a *year* on tolls) and all has been sweet. In fact I'm now on a
    'grandfathered' plan and, for a mere $62/month, get what would cost
    $120/month if I were to sign up for it now.

    I'd have to say that Actrix rock but if I were to do so I'd be worried that
    too many folks would join and ruin a good thing. ;-)
    --
    Shaun.

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Apr 6, 2011
  8. In article <inhmfa$kf7$>, "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    (snip)

    >It's my experience that Actrix don't like to let you call a spade a spade
    >when you're using their NNTP service if aforementioned spade complains. In
    >fact my doing so (and the spade complaining) resulted in my receiving half a
    >kilo of hard-copy of the T&Cs in snail-mail and a letter saying that there
    >are no second chances. I'd breached the T&C by using Actrix's services to
    >defame someone. Any further transgressions (since when was honesty a
    >transgression?) would result in instant termination of my account.

    Truth is an absolute defense ... at least in law. :)

    (snip)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 7, 2011
  9. On 5/04/2011 12:15 p.m., Enkidu wrote:
    > On 05/04/11 11:09, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article<>, Peter
    >> Huebner<> wrote:
    >>> In article<inav1a$voh$>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Mmmh, I looked at Actrix at least - but the thing is, I want to
    >>> change the
    >>> phone line provider (not just the tolls provider) along with the
    >>> internet. Not
    >>> merely after an isp change, because of Telecom's continued
    >>> price-jacking I want
    >>> to vote with my feet.

    >> Understood ... and that was part of my move to actrix. I pay all
    >> charges (line/wiring/tolls) to actix and nothing to telecon. It's a
    >> little
    >> cheaper too. :) What actrix does then I know not ... but suspect they may
    >> well have some kind of bulk deal with telecon. Not (fortunately) my
    >> problem.
    >> :)
    >>

    >>> From what I've been able to find out, there's only
    >>> Telecom, Vodaphone, Clear and Orcon that offer complete packages.
    >>> Kiwilink offers naked dsl with voip -- I am not sure what to make of
    >>> that, simply not enough data (I found them after my original post
    >>> here). Feels
    >>> a bit like jumping head first into an unknown body of water if you
    >>> know what I
    >>> mean. I thought I saw a $70/month offer there the other day but all I
    >>> can find
    >>> today is $113+gst per month for a 20Gb data package. Works out the
    >>> same as an
    >>> Orcon platinum 30Gb inc. phone line and free national calling plus
    >>> one country
    >>> of your choice (which would be nice for my wife who has lots of
    >>> friends in
    >>> Europe).

    >> Do have a look at actrix ... and give them a call if there's nothing you
    >> like. They are (or can be :) ) responsive to customers, though IIRC, at
    >> least one person has them being a tad tougher on newsgroup posting
    >> complaints than I would have expected. :)
    >>

    > +1 for Actrix. I've been with them for decades.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    A++ for Actrix. They have real Kiwis on their Helpdesk (English is their
    first language), and they're invariably friendly and helpful. And as far
    as I know their daily (as opposed to monthly) datacap is unique in NZ.
    Ummmmmmm......., Apr 7, 2011
  10. In article <1jyzo2cs51s.1mmhm4onbej57$>, Bret <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 06 Apr 2011 23:19:56 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >
    >> In article <inhmfa$kf7$>, "~misfit~"

    > <> wrote:
    >> (snip)
    >>>
    >>>It's my experience that Actrix don't like to let you call a spade a spade
    >>>when you're using their NNTP service if aforementioned spade complains. In
    >>>fact my doing so (and the spade complaining) resulted in my receiving half a
    >>>kilo of hard-copy of the T&Cs in snail-mail and a letter saying that there
    >>>are no second chances. I'd breached the T&C by using Actrix's services to
    >>>defame someone. Any further transgressions (since when was honesty a
    >>>transgression?) would result in instant termination of my account.

    >> Truth is an absolute defense ... at least in law. :)
    >>
    >> (snip)

    >Sounds like Atrix are lacking in moral fortitude.

    When I heard about it at the time, I thought that they had probably never
    used news groups and had no understanding of the range of "acceptable"
    across groups. That remains my belief (as I'd rather think they were working
    from a position of ignorance than malice - usually the case for most
    organisations :) ).
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 7, 2011
  11. Peter Huebner

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    > In article <inhmfa$kf7$>, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote: (snip)
    >>
    >> It's my experience that Actrix don't like to let you call a spade a
    >> spade when you're using their NNTP service if aforementioned spade
    >> complains. In fact my doing so (and the spade complaining) resulted
    >> in my receiving half a kilo of hard-copy of the T&Cs in snail-mail
    >> and a letter saying that there are no second chances. I'd breached
    >> the T&C by using Actrix's services to defame someone. Any further
    >> transgressions (since when was honesty a transgression?) would
    >> result in instant termination of my account.

    > Truth is an absolute defense ... at least in law. :)
    >
    > (snip)

    Unfortunately though my actions broke the T&C's that I was deemed to have
    agreed with when I signed up.

    Therefore it was more a contractual issue rather than a legal one. I was
    just surprised that they enforced it so.... vigourously. Also I think that
    said Spade with whom I was exchanging views may have been adept at
    'corporate speak' and basically intimidated Actrix into taking action. They
    watched the newsgroup for a couple of days, saw me call him a cnut and then
    jumped on me.

    It took me by surprise, as I said, because I'm very happy with Actrix
    otherwise. Having tried Telescum and Orcon in the past Actrix are
    head-and-shoulders above those two for service and quality IMO. <shrug> I'll
    just use ES for NNTP (although Actrix did tell me at the time that, as I
    access ES through their pipes the condition that I broke in their T&C still
    stands and if they were to have another similar complaint that was traceable
    to me I'd be terminated).

    Cheers,

    ~misfit~, Apr 8, 2011
  12. I finally managed to find where Actrix offer a homeline package as well as
    merely broadband. Thanks Bruce for pointing that out to me.

    In article <inlgil$24s$>,
    says...
    > It took me by surprise, as I said, because I'm very happy with Actrix
    > otherwise. Having tried Telescum and Orcon in the past Actrix are
    > head-and-shoulders above those two for service and quality IMO. <shrug>

    Now that's the sort of thing I was keen to hear about.

    At the moment Orcon's offer is a bit more attractive to me because for 10 bucks
    more monthly I'd get an extra 10GB of data, as well as free calling to one
    country of our choice.

    We don't really do much in the way of p2p, but I found last month when I was
    researching a new quad bike (which included watching a bunch of youtube clips)
    and we were watching video news about the Tsunami disaster unfolding -- my 10
    Gb from Iconz was used up well before the end of the month. I am vaguely
    anticipating that our use of streaming may increase in the future. Admittedly,
    even 20Gb on Actrix's package deal is twice as much as I am getting presently.

    Also as my parents are getting very old by now, I have to sometimes call
    Germany to deal with bureaucrats there over pension and banking issues ...
    Probably not $120 worth, come to think about it.

    So there are things there recommending Orcon's offering over Actrix, at least
    on paper (or screen, as the case may be).

    How would you say that Actrix service and quality exceed Orcon? I would
    probably base my final decision on exactly that kind of comparison. I value
    good service above mere price, and since you have experience of both companies,
    I'd like to hear what your view is.

    cheers, -P.
    Peter Huebner, Apr 8, 2011
  13. Peter Huebner

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-04-08, Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    > I finally managed to find where Actrix offer a homeline package as well as
    > merely broadband. Thanks Bruce for pointing that out to me.
    >

    > In article <inlgil$24s$>,
    > says...
    >> It took me by surprise, as I said, because I'm very happy with Actrix
    >> otherwise. Having tried Telescum and Orcon in the past Actrix are
    >> head-and-shoulders above those two for service and quality IMO. <shrug>
    >>

    > Now that's the sort of thing I was keen to hear about.
    >
    > At the moment Orcon's offer is a bit more attractive to me because for 10 bucks
    > more monthly I'd get an extra 10GB of data, as well as free calling to one
    > country of our choice.
    >
    > We don't really do much in the way of p2p, but I found last month when I was
    > researching a new quad bike (which included watching a bunch of youtube clips)
    > and we were watching video news about the Tsunami disaster unfolding -- my 10
    > Gb from Iconz was used up well before the end of the month. I am vaguely
    > anticipating that our use of streaming may increase in the future. Admittedly,
    > even 20Gb on Actrix's package deal is twice as much as I am getting presently.
    >
    > Also as my parents are getting very old by now, I have to sometimes call
    > Germany to deal with bureaucrats there over pension and banking issues ...
    > Probably not $120 worth, come to think about it.
    >
    > So there are things there recommending Orcon's offering over Actrix, at least
    > on paper (or screen, as the case may be).
    >
    > How would you say that Actrix service and quality exceed Orcon? I would
    > probably base my final decision on exactly that kind of comparison. I value
    > good service above mere price, and since you have experience of both companies,
    > I'd like to hear what your view is.

    Okay, who do you trust?

    Satisfaction is not something I graph. In cases such as this I go on the
    numbers game. In my many years of reading this newsgroup people have bitched
    and some defended, Telecom, Orcon, to name a few. However this is the first
    case where Actrix has had any points against them.

    http://groups.google.com/group/nz.comp/search?group=nz.comp&q=Actrix&qt_g=
    Search+this+group

    Go to it, do some more research.

    BTW, where is Bobs these days. Wonder if he has seen a woman breast feeding
    in McDonalds? 3 January 2001

    http://groups.google.com/group/nz.general/browse_frm/thread/4bd483c0b7705347/
    50b056bc7da061ad?tvc=1&q=breast+feeding#50b056bc7da061ad

    and E. Scrooge. A couple of names blasting from the past
    Gordon, Apr 8, 2011
  14. In article <2ldyklmierrh$>, Bret <> wrote:
    >On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 04:11:29 GMT, Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >> In article <1jyzo2cs51s.1mmhm4onbej57$>, Bret <>

    > wrote:

    >>>Sounds like Atrix are lacking in moral fortitude.

    >> When I heard about it at the time, I thought that they had probably never
    >> used news groups and had no understanding of the range of "acceptable"
    >> across groups. That remains my belief (as I'd rather think they were working
    >> from a position of ignorance than malice - usually the case for most
    >> organisations :) ).

    >As you say Bruce"Truth is an absolute defense", also I believe honestly
    >held opinion is a defence.

    I believe you are right ... but that one is a bit tricky as to publishing
    and proving it IIRC. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 11, 2011
  15. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:

    >I finally managed to find where Actrix offer a homeline package as well as
    >merely broadband. Thanks Bruce for pointing that out to me.

    You are most welcome. I'm just a happy user, and have been since voyager
    stopped their no business accounts. Quite some years. :)

    >In article <inlgil$24s$>,
    >says...
    >> It took me by surprise, as I said, because I'm very happy with Actrix
    >> otherwise. Having tried Telescum and Orcon in the past Actrix are
    >> head-and-shoulders above those two for service and quality IMO. <shrug>

    >Now that's the sort of thing I was keen to hear about.

    Well, IIRC, Actrix and inspire are top of the consumer 'happiness with ISP'
    list ... and have been for a few years now. Unsurprisingly, (IIRC :) )
    telecom and some of the other big players continue to lurk at the bottom. :)

    (snip)

    >So there are things there recommending Orcon's offering over Actrix, at least
    >on paper (or screen, as the case may be).
    >How would you say that Actrix service and quality exceed Orcon? I would
    >probably base my final decision on exactly that kind of comparison. I value
    >good service above mere price, and since you have experience of both companies,

    See above for comments on the 'consumer happy with ISP' list.

    >I'd like to hear what your view is.

    I have never used Orcon, but believe they were good before they sold out.
    :) I think they are middle of the road on service etc now on the consumer
    list ?

    Good luck. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 11, 2011
  16. Peter Huebner

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    > I finally managed to find where Actrix offer a homeline package as
    > well as merely broadband. Thanks Bruce for pointing that out to me.
    >

    > In article <inlgil$24s$>,
    > says...
    >> It took me by surprise, as I said, because I'm very happy with Actrix
    >> otherwise. Having tried Telescum and Orcon in the past Actrix are
    >> head-and-shoulders above those two for service and quality IMO.
    >> <shrug>
    >>

    > Now that's the sort of thing I was keen to hear about.
    >
    > At the moment Orcon's offer is a bit more attractive to me because
    > for 10 bucks more monthly I'd get an extra 10GB of data, as well as
    > free calling to one country of our choice.
    >
    > We don't really do much in the way of p2p, but I found last month
    > when I was researching a new quad bike (which included watching a
    > bunch of youtube clips) and we were watching video news about the
    > Tsunami disaster unfolding -- my 10 Gb from Iconz was used up well
    > before the end of the month. I am vaguely anticipating that our use
    > of streaming may increase in the future. Admittedly, even 20Gb on
    > Actrix's package deal is twice as much as I am getting presently.
    >
    > Also as my parents are getting very old by now, I have to sometimes
    > call Germany to deal with bureaucrats there over pension and banking
    > issues ... Probably not $120 worth, come to think about it.
    >
    > So there are things there recommending Orcon's offering over Actrix,
    > at least on paper (or screen, as the case may be).
    >
    > How would you say that Actrix service and quality exceed Orcon? I
    > would probably base my final decision on exactly that kind of
    > comparison. I value good service above mere price, and since you have
    > experience of both companies, I'd like to hear what your view is.

    Hi Peter, sorry, haven't checked in for a while.

    IME Actrix *never* "traffic shape" and seem to have sufficient backhaul,
    have polite and informed New Zealander helpdesk staff and resolve problems
    quickly. Orcon were forever blaming any issues on Telecom, their staff
    didn't know their arses from their elbows and data speeds dropped to barely
    better than dial-up at busy times and stayed that way if you were torrenting
    after they adopted layer seven packet sniffing (?).

    Orcon would be my *last* choice of ISP if for some reason I couldn't be with
    Actrix. Bugger saving $10 if you end up spending ages waiting for pages to
    load and never get issues resolved satisfactorily I reckon.

    Best,

    ~misfit~, Apr 11, 2011
  17. In article <intht8$gbe$>,
    says...

    > I have never used Orcon, but believe they were good before they sold out.
    > :) I think they are middle of the road on service etc now on the consumer
    > list ?
    >
    > Good luck. :)

    All sorted, I rang Actrix today.

    Naturally I'd done a bit more research outside this ng as well and the one
    impression I got is that Orcon tends to go into denial mode if anything goes
    wrong.
    That's not what I like to see, and, in combination with the consumer.org survey
    putting Actrix at the top end of customer satisfaction (along my current isp,
    actually, but Iconz just don't offer what I want to update to, so after all
    that it was a shoo-in.

    thanks again, -P.
    Peter Huebner, Apr 12, 2011
  18. In article <>, Peter Huebner <> wrote:
    >In article <intht8$gbe$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I have never used Orcon, but believe they were good before they sold out.
    >> :) I think they are middle of the road on service etc now on the consumer
    >> list ?
    >>
    >> Good luck. :)

    >All sorted, I rang Actrix today.
    >
    >Naturally I'd done a bit more research outside this ng as well and the one
    >impression I got is that Orcon tends to go into denial mode if anything goes
    >wrong.
    >That's not what I like to see, and, in combination with the consumer.org survey
    >
    >putting Actrix at the top end of customer satisfaction (along my current isp,
    >actually, but Iconz just don't offer what I want to update to, so after all
    >that it was a shoo-in.

    Happy to help. I'm sure it will go well. :)

    Enjoy. :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 12, 2011
  19. Peter Huebner

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Peter Huebner wrote:
    > In article <intht8$gbe$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I have never used Orcon, but believe they were good before they sold
    >> out. :) I think they are middle of the road on service etc now on
    >> the consumer list ?
    >>
    >> Good luck. :)

    > All sorted, I rang Actrix today.
    >
    > Naturally I'd done a bit more research outside this ng as well and
    > the one impression I got is that Orcon tends to go into denial mode
    > if anything goes wrong.

    Oh yeah, for sure. So much so that they should re-locate to Egypt. <g>

    > That's not what I like to see, and, in combination with the
    > consumer.org survey putting Actrix at the top end of customer
    > satisfaction (along my current isp, actually, but Iconz just don't
    > offer what I want to update to, so after all that it was a shoo-in.
    >
    > thanks again, -P.

    Good choice mate, I'm sure you'll be happy*. :)
    --
    Shaun.

    [*] At least, as happy as anyone in NZ who wants interwebs access can be.
    ;-)

    into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
    ~misfit~, Apr 14, 2011