ISP network topology

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by fanhanes, Feb 9, 2010.

  1. fanhanes

    fanhanes

    Joined:
    Feb 9, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Hello network experts,

    I am new on this forum and i would like to ask if somebody have experience with ISP network architecture. I want to simulate real network situation as you can see in screenshot but I have some problems with routing or NAT configuration.

    Now the network shown in screenchot works fine and I can do ping from workstation 192.168.8.166 to external network 90.183.241.53. Also i can ping from 192.168.1.1 to 90.183.231.53, so basically network works fine but there is one problem with NAT or routing (probably).

    I have assigned some specific external IP (NAT) for inside host 192.168.8.165. This IP is from another range than between PIX(FW0) and ISP router(R0). So ISP assigned me 88.103.247.209/27 network range for my servers to be reachable (NATed) outside internet (in this case R0).

    On PIX(FW0) I created new static for example nat 192.168.8.165 --> 88.103.247.216 and now I want to make this IP available from another network (like from internet) for example from network 90.183.241.53. But when I try to ping from 90.183.241.53 result is timeout.

    How should I configure R0 to be able to route NAT pool (88.103.247.209/27) to another networks ??? This IP addresses are real and it is range what I got from ISP provider and I would like to know how it is configured on ISP side.Could someone help with it or tell me how does it works ?

    My network is terminated by PIX and there is no other router on my side. I am connected to ISP side with normal ethernet cable (no serial cable or other type of connection, no frame relay) Which routing protocol should I use ?

    I hope that description is clear.Thank you very much for help :)

    Jan

    Attached Files:

    • LAB.JPG
      LAB.JPG