    tried ipconfig/release and received error:
    operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for this operation.
    i can connect to my isp ok when i am using my imac Safari.

    mydel, Feb 1, 2009

  2. The winsock2 may be corrupted. These search result may help.

    a.. troubleshooting winsock2 corruption
    2) The operation failed since no adapter is in the state permissible
    for this operation. 3) The attempted operation is not supported for the type
    of object ...
    www.chicagotech.net/troubleshootingtcpip.htm - Similar pages

    a.. Operation failed as no adapter is ...
    The operation failed as no adapter is in the state permissible for
    this operation. A: The TCP/IP is setup to use static IP instead of DHCP so
    that you can't ...
    www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=6814&sid=e217e2bde8a6e59afd67b41e61dc7ba0

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE