    thank you
    Mike
    , Nov 7, 2006

  2. Does your university require you to have a user account and password to log
    onto their network? Some do so I would check with the university network
    administrators/IT folks about this.

    The bottom line is if your laptop is able to get on the internet at public
    hotspots it comes down to an issue with authorized access to your university
    network...

    --

    Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

    mutual benefit of all of us...
    rights...

    Sooner Al [MVP], Nov 7, 2006

  3. bxts Guest

    No, they doint need my username, just my MAC address..

    thank you for attention.

    bxts, Nov 9, 2006
  4. Guest

    On 9-Nov-2006, "bxts" <> wrote:

    > > The bottom line is if your laptop is able to get on the internet at public
    > > hotspots it comes down to an issue with authorized access to your university
    > > network...

    Most university networks will be secured, so maybe this is
    the laptops response, can see the network but can't connect to it.
    If universities were not secured they would be a hackers
    paradise, all those departmental machines and networks
    to roam through. Minimal or no monitoring of a weekend.
    It's bad enough with the students to cope with, coming back
    after a break with CD's full of viruses, the chain email that
    brings the network to its knees. The fiddlers that change
    settings.
    , Nov 10, 2006