ISO TOO BIG FOR DVD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Feb 13, 2007.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:45:14 +0000, Luke O'Malley Has Frothed:

    > I downloaded an old film an when I put all the files together I
    > ended up with an ISO file over 5.8 G and an MDS file of 9KB. When I
    > try to copy the image to a DVD with Nero 6, I receive a msg that
    > says use a CD-RW. When I put one of them in it says there is not
    > enough room! Of course!!!
    >
    > I tried to fool around with it with DVD Shrink, but I had no
    > success. Can anyone advise me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Does your DVD burner support dual layer? DVD shrink only works with DVD
    video, not an ISO image. You might have to reencode the "old film" to make
    it smaller. Since you haven't given enough info, it's all I can offer.

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Feb 13, 2007

  2. "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >I downloaded an old film an when I put all the files together I
    > ended up with an ISO file over 5.8 G and an MDS file of 9KB. When I
    > try to copy the image to a DVD with Nero 6, I receive a msg that
    > says use a CD-RW. When I put one of them in it says there is not
    > enough room! Of course!!!
    >
    > I tried to fool around with it with DVD Shrink, but I had no
    > success. Can anyone advise me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    Mount it with daemon tools or something similar (i think nero might do a
    virtual drive too). Once mounted, you can watch or re-encode it if
    necessary...

    -Jeepers Creepers

    Jeepers Creepers, Feb 13, 2007

  3. Meat Plow

    Coco Guest

    >I downloaded an old film an when I put all the files together I
    > ended up with an ISO file over 5.8 G and an MDS file of 9KB. When I
    > try to copy the image to a DVD with Nero 6, I receive a msg that
    > says use a CD-RW. When I put one of them in it says there is not
    > enough room! Of course!!!
    >
    > I tried to fool around with it with DVD Shrink, but I had no
    > success. Can anyone advise me?
    >
    > Goodwill,
    > Luke

    You can install a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator, such as Alcohol 120% ($$), or
    Daemon Tools (freeware)
    http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
    Mount the ISO to the virtual drive. Load it into DVD Shrink as you would
    load a real dvd and create a new ISO which will fit on a regular 4.7GB disk,
    or burn it to a blank dvd.
    You can also re-author the movie, eliminating any menus, promotions,
    introductions and other unnecessary crap, keeping the movie file only. This
    way you'll maximize the quality of the resulting compressed file.

    Coco, Feb 13, 2007
  4. "Coco" <.> wrote in message news:...

    > "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >>I downloaded an old film an when I put all the files together I
    >> ended up with an ISO file over 5.8 G and an MDS file of 9KB. When I
    >> try to copy the image to a DVD with Nero 6, I receive a msg that
    >> says use a CD-RW. When I put one of them in it says there is not
    >> enough room! Of course!!!
    >>
    >> I tried to fool around with it with DVD Shrink, but I had no
    >> success. Can anyone advise me?
    >>
    >> Goodwill,
    >> Luke
    >>

    > You can install a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator, such as Alcohol 120% ($$),
    > or Daemon Tools (freeware)
    > http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
    > Mount the ISO to the virtual drive. Load it into DVD Shrink as you would
    > load a real dvd and create a new ISO which will fit on a regular 4.7GB
    > disk, or burn it to a blank dvd.
    > You can also re-author the movie, eliminating any menus, promotions,
    > introductions and other unnecessary crap, keeping the movie file only.
    > This way you'll maximize the quality of the resulting compressed file.

    Good advice ; )

    Jeepers Creepers, Feb 13, 2007
  5. Meat Plow

    Coco Guest

    "Coco" <.> wrote in message news:...

    > "Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    >>I downloaded an old film an when I put all the files together I
    >> ended up with an ISO file over 5.8 G and an MDS file of 9KB. When I
    >> try to copy the image to a DVD with Nero 6, I receive a msg that
    >> says use a CD-RW. When I put one of them in it says there is not
    >> enough room! Of course!!!
    >>
    >> I tried to fool around with it with DVD Shrink, but I had no
    >> success. Can anyone advise me?
    >>
    >> Goodwill,
    >> Luke
    >>

    > You can install a virtual cd/dvd-rom emulator, such as Alcohol 120% ($$),
    > or Daemon Tools (freeware)
    > http://www.filehippo.com/download_daemon_tools/
    > Mount the ISO to the virtual drive. Load it into DVD Shrink as you would
    > load a real dvd and create a new ISO which will fit on a regular 4.7GB
    > disk, or burn it to a blank dvd.
    > You can also re-author the movie, eliminating any menus, promotions,
    > introductions and other unnecessary crap, keeping the movie file only.
    > This way you'll maximize the quality of the resulting compressed file.

    Silly me, DVD Shrink is capable of loading an ISO file without the need for
    a virtual drive. It just doesn't have a button for it. Go to: File>Open Disk
    Image. Duh!!!
    Gotta love DVD Shrink!

    Coco, Feb 13, 2007
  6. Meat Plow

    getmet

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    problem solved

    Create an image... image will be too big, extract image to desktop.. open nero recode, import extracted dvd files. recode to shrink dvd. done
    and
    done

    getmet, Mar 6, 2011