    Also is there any such place where you can also put a little info about
    yourself as well?

    Thanks.

    What's In A Name?, Sep 20, 2004

  2. What's In A Name?

    John Doe Guest

    I tried PBase http://www.pbase.com but couldn't stand the crappy confusing
    interface for setting up, uploading and editing your albums and images.

    John

    John Doe, Sep 20, 2004

  3. What's In A Name?

    Frank ess Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:
    > I want to find something where I can provide ONE link to my friends
    > and family, they can click on the link and then be able to view ALL
    > albums have I have and not just one particular album.
    >
    > Can anyone offer suggestions? I don't mind paying for it if I have
    > too. Also is there any such place where you can also put a little
    > info about yourself as well?

    FotoTime.com

    I have more than 5,000 images there for viewing and as source storage
    for Web site links.

    I can supply a URL for any individual image at three sizes (thumbnail,
    standard, original) or any group of images (album), or any number of
    designated albums. Visitors do not have access to images or albums you
    do not choose to reveal.

    Plenty of caption capability, including album headers, that will accept
    some html language. I haven't explored any other avenue for profile
    exhibition.

    FotoTimie offers an image management program that has been praised, but
    I just ftp through the drag-and-drop upload facility from Windows.

    Costs about $2.00 US per month, payable yearly in advance, for 250 MB of
    space, 10X space bandwidth per month. My 5,000 images take up about 400
    of my 500 MB space (250 MB chunks may be added at the same yearly rate).

    For another ~$19.00 US per year, they will host your videos, and display
    them to visitors in either the native format or their converted mode,
    which seems to work fine.

    They are very quick and accurate in response to technical questions, and
    have in my experience almost no down-time.

    No commercial connection with FotoTime, just a two-year satisfied user.

    --
    Frank ess

    Album: http://www.fototime.com/inv/4E788813137469C
    Photo: http://www.fototime.com/7D7C08511EF469D/orig.jpg

    Frank ess, Sep 20, 2004
  4. ok but I can post a url in profiles that I have on the web or give a url to
    people in im's where they can view all of my albums? I read the site and it
    said something about if people want to see your pics you have to send then
    invites, that is not what I want.

    What's In A Name?, Sep 21, 2004
  5. What's In A Name?

    Frank ess Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:
    > ok but I can post a url in profiles that I have on the web or give a
    > url to people in im's where they can view all of my albums? I read
    > the site and it said something about if people want to see your pics
    > you have to send then invites, that is not what I want.
    >

    > "Frank ess" <> wrote in message
    >> What's In A Name? wrote:
    >>> I want to find something where I can provide ONE link to my friends
    >>> and family, they can click on the link and then be able to view ALL
    >>> albums have I have and not just one particular album.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone offer suggestions? I don't mind paying for it if I have
    >>> too. Also is there any such place where you can also put a little
    >>> info about yourself as well?
    >>>

    >> FotoTime.com
    >>
    >> I have more than 5,000 images there for viewing and as source storage
    >> for Web site links.
    >>
    >> I can supply a URL for any individual image at three sizes
    >> (thumbnail, standard, original) or any group of images (album), or
    >> any number of designated albums.

    <snip>

    >> Album: http://www.fototime.com/inv/4E788813137469C
    >> Photo: http://www.fototime.com/7D7C08511EF469D/orig.jpg

    See where it says "...any number of designated albums..."?

    When you decide to send a URL for your friends to view ALL your albums,
    you click on a Share Photos link; it takes you to a place where you may
    Select Albums to show; there you are presented with a list of ALL your
    albums, of which you may select ALL or designate WHICH; you may then
    choose which of ALL your albums you want to appear when your friends
    click the URL you will send them; then you click a Generate link link,
    and it makes the URL and html if that is what you want. Select and save
    it or paste it in your email.

    --
    Frank ess
    http://www.fototime.com/inv/BC32073BD1DA91E

    Frank ess, Sep 21, 2004
  6. What's In A Name?

    Big Bill Guest

    What's In A Name? wrote:
    > I want to find something where I can provide ONE link to my friends
    > and family, they can click on the link and then be able to view ALL
    > albums have I have and not just one particular album.
    >
    > Can anyone offer suggestions? I don't mind paying for it if I have
    > too. Also is there any such place where you can also put a little
    > info about yourself as well?

    Your own site.
    You can get a domain for under $5.00US (http://godaddy.com for one)
    and Godaddy will host your site for under $4.00US per month.
    You make your own rules, and can post up to 50 MB of data/photos, etc.
    Doing this, you can post your info, links to sites you like, just abut
    anything.
    It's easy to do, and there are free site builders available (for
    example, http://www.ewisoft.com/).

    I use Godaddy for my domain buying, but don't host with them.

    There are also places that will host your site for free (they usually
    use banner ads); Prohosting is one (an example:
    http://earth.prohosting.com/bfunk/). I didn't need to buy a domain for
    this use - it's all free.
    A search on Google for "free hosting" (without quotes) just got over 4
    million hits; there's bound to be a few that can do what you want.

    Good Luck!
    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Sep 21, 2004