    I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
    I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
    is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?
    ibex, Feb 8, 2005

  2. ibex

    Brian Guest

    "ibex" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:...
    > I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
    > I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
    > is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?

    burn it.. its a CD image.

    open your burning software an select burn cd image (or similar)>>feed it the
    ..iso file you downloaded and burn it

    or get a cd drive emulator like daemon tools:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php

    help files at:
    http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/daemonhelp.php?sid=89dccdc2a9d1a0bd467cc2c9ccf86cdb
    Brian, Feb 8, 2005

  3. ibex

    Plato Guest

    ibex wrote:

    > I recently downloaded something, and its come up as an ISO file, and
    > I'm being asked which program I wish to use to open it. What program
    > is used to open ISO files generally, or am I just missing something?

    isos are images of cds. See if you current burning program has an option
    to write isos

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 8, 2005
  4. ibex

    JD Guest

    Plato wrote:

    > isos are images of cds. See if you current burning program has an option
    > to write isos

    You can also open the files using WinZip, WinRar, WinISO, WinIMG, WinACE
    etc if you just wish to extract the information .. or burn as a image
    file to a cd.
    JD, Feb 8, 2005