    really need ISO info as i'm learning taking photos.

    Thanks
    /V

    Venkat Venkataraju, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Venkat Venkataraju

    Zol. Guest

    What are you using t view the exif info? Using the shots from the BeBit site (
    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/psa80/psa80_sample-e.html ) the info is there to view within
    Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) - I don`t know if you can select it or not though

    Zol., Mar 5, 2004

  3. Zol. wrote:
    > What are you using t view the exif info? Using the shots from the BeBit site (
    > http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/psa80/psa80_sample-e.html ) the info is there to view within
    > Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) - I don`t know if you can select it or not though

    I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
    for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
    in fuji and sony cameras.

    What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
    thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
    for the images.

    Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.

    Thanks
    /V

    Venkat Venkataraju, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Venkat Venkataraju

    zbzbzb Guest

    >I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
    >for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
    >in fuji and sony cameras.
    >
    >What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
    >thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
    >for the images.
    >
    >Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.
    >
    >Thanks
    >/V

    I also do not get ISO info with Paint Shop Pro 8. Sony camera displays it just
    fine.

    zbzbzb, Mar 5, 2004
  5. "nospam.sbcglobal.net" writes:

    >I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
    >for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
    >in fuji and sony cameras.

    The Canon A80 ISO data is contained in the Maker Note, which the
    software you are using might not display. But IrfanView works, and the
    data is there.

    The Fuji and Sony cameras may place the information somewhere else in
    the EXIF data; I don't have them to compare to.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Venkat Venkataraju

    Dave Guest

    On 05 Mar 2004 15:55:53 GMT, bzbzb (zbzbzb) wrote:

    >>I use GQview, a linux based image viewer. It does not display ISO info
    >>for the photos from A80, but it does display ISO data for images taken
    >>in fuji and sony cameras.
    >>
    >>What i tried now is that i downloaded the images on display and run it
    >>thru the program and found that the program did not display the ISO info
    >>for the images.
    >>
    >>Can some one please check and tell me if it works on your computer/program.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>/V

    >I also do not get ISO info with Paint Shop Pro 8. Sony camera displays it just
    >fine.

    Strange. Paint Shop Pro 8 does display my A80 ISO info just fine.
    It's about the 20th item from the bottom of the info list (shift + I).

    Dave

    Change .com to .ca to email me.

    Dave, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Venkat Venkataraju

    aperi

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    I was all crazy about this problem too, but I just found this!!!

    http://aeropic.free.fr/H&B/AUTO_ISO_patcher/

    It combines 2 programs to achieve two things:

    1) It writes the ISO speed back where it belongs so that any program can read it

    2) IT CALCULATES THE REAL ISO FOR "AUTOISO" PHOTOS!!!!

    Hope you find it useful

    PS. Just in case the link doesn't work, first you must download EXIFTOOL from http://www.sno.phy.queensu.ca/~phil/exiftool/, then either use AUTOISO TOOL (place exiftool in the same folder) or EXIFAUTO (place exiftool in c:\windows).

    aperi, Aug 3, 2007