ISO book on AVI, MOV, MP4, Ogg, etc.

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by kj, Sep 27, 2007.

  1. kj

    kj Guest

    I'm looking for a technical reference (or even a textbook) on the
    main container formats out there (AVI, MOV, MP4, Ogg, etc.),
    preferably one that may shed some insight into the design ideas
    behind each format.

    (I thought it'd be easy to find this information online, but my
    searches have not yielded anything much better than Wikipedia's
    "container formats" article (which is very little). I must not be
    using the right keywords to pull out the good stuff from the sea
    of unwanted hits.)

    I would very much appreciate your suggestions.

    Many thanks in advance!

    kj

    P.S. Can someone recommend a developers' forum for the budding
    video developer?

    kj, Sep 27, 2007

  2. kj

    sandy58 Guest