    ducuments.

    Thank you

    Thomas
    Thomas Schmidt, Apr 24, 2004

  2. On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 12:12:06 +0200, "Thomas Schmidt"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I am looking for documents about ISO 17799 / BS 7799, preferd in pdf format.
    >I would be very thankfull, if someone could send me documents or links to
    >ducuments.
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Thomas

    There is a lot of information on this subject located at:
    http://www.google.com/search?q="ISO-1779" filetype:pdf

    or at
    http://www.google.com/search?q="BS-7799" filetype:pdf

    You may want to bookmark this site. They seem to have a lot of
    information about everything.

    HTH
    Aaron Lingwood
    Aaron B. Lingwood, Apr 24, 2004

  3. Thomas Schmidt

    Ford Prefect Guest

    Thomas Schmidt wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I am looking for documents about ISO 17799 / BS 7799, preferd in pdf format.
    > I would be very thankfull, if someone could send me documents or links to
    > ducuments.
    >
    > Thank you
    >
    > Thomas

    What? Are you too lazy / stupid to try a search engine or -- here's
    a really off the wall idea -- visit the ISO site directly?
    Ford Prefect, Apr 24, 2004
  4. Thomas Schmidt

    Steve Firth Guest

    Ford Prefect <> wrote:

    > What? Are you too lazy / stupid to try a search engine or -- here's
    > a really off the wall idea -- visit the ISO site directly?

    If he is, my consultancy rates are very reasonable. I speak German as
    well, although given the quality of Thomas's English, that shouldn't be
    an important factor. Email address available on request.

    friendly advice in a flame-free environment.
    Steve Firth, Apr 24, 2004
  5. Thomas Schmidt

    Sara Guest

    The PDF stipulation is completely beyond me. Why?

    Anyhow, if non-PDF is acceptable, you can find some papers on ISO
    17799 / BS7799 in HTML format here:
    http://www.iso17799software.com/papers.htm

    Sara

    Sara, May 2, 2004
  6. Why the abuse, some people really do not know how to use search engines, ok
    you'd think everybody should by now.

    We can't all be off the wall geniouses - spell ?

    We cant all have all of the answers

    We can all share (free BSD) our thoughts and knowledge - perhaps even make
    life a little healthier for us all.

    So let yourself go give, like I have, off line if necessary, you help -
    Consultancy or Free.

    Peace is what we all want.

    Stephen Thornber, May 19, 2004
  7. Thomas Schmidt

    Jim Watt Guest

    Indeed, so shut the **** up.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, May 19, 2004
  8. Thomas Schmidt

    Ford Prefect Guest

    Stephen Thornber wrote:
    > Why the abuse, some people really do not know how to use search engines, ok
    > you'd think everybody should by now.
    >
    > We can't all be off the wall geniouses - spell ?

    Well, you are quite obiously not any form of genius as you've
    completely missed the point.

    This idiot is asking about ISO 17799 and BS 7799 standards -- and yet
    hasn't a clue on how to do a simple search or even find the ISO site.
    Come on! Either this person is a total fake and is simply
    regurgitating terms he's copied from others' posts to look impressive,
    which would explain his asking about ISO without knowing where to look
    - or he is being lazy and stupid.

    > We cant all have all of the answers
    >
    > We can all share (free BSD) our thoughts and knowledge - perhaps even make
    > life a little healthier for us all.

    If you want to spend your time doing the work for lazy people or being
    suckered in, be my guest. But anyone who appraoches me about ISO
    standards and doesn;t even have the commom sense to know where to find
    the ISO website is not someone I will waste time on.

    > So let yourself go give, like I have, off line if necessary, you help -
    > Consultancy or Free.
    > Peace is what we all want.

    Yes, but it should not have to be smothered in stupidity.

    Ford Prefect, May 25, 2004
  9. Thomas Schmidt

    Mike Guest

    "Ford Prefect" <> wrote in message

    > This idiot is asking about ISO 17799 and BS 7799 standards -- and yet
    > hasn't a clue on how to do a simple search or even find the ISO site.
    > Come on! Either this person is a total fake and is simply
    > regurgitating terms he's copied from others' posts to look impressive,
    > which would explain his asking about ISO without knowing where to look
    > - or he is being lazy and stupid.

    Or just as likely that he's being tight-fisted. I'd lay odds that he *has*
    been to the relevent website and has found that if he wants a copy of
    ISO17799/BS7799 he'll have to pay for it. At a guess he's hoping some kind
    soul will email him a copy of said document for free.

    --
    Mike

    The views expressed in this message are purely my own and do not reflect
    those of my employer.
    This message is subject to copyright - no part of this message may be
    reproduced without my express permission.
    Mike, Jul 8, 2004
  10. Thomas Schmidt

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in

    > Or just as likely that he's being tight-fisted. I'd lay odds that he
    > *has* been to the relevent website and has found that if he wants a
    > copy of ISO17799/BS7799 he'll have to pay for it. At a guess he's
    > hoping some kind soul will email him a copy of said document for free.

    yup. tool kit going for 995 USD. i can see why buddy wants a freebie.. :)
    Rowdy Yates, Jul 13, 2004
  11. Thomas Schmidt

    Steve Firth Guest

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote:

    > yup. tool kit going for 995 USD. i can see why buddy wants a freebie.. :)

    $995? I can't remember paying that much for it. Is this is ermine fur
    trimmed version?

    friendly advice in a flame-free environment.
    Steve Firth, Jul 13, 2004
  12. Thomas Schmidt

    Mike Guest

    > yup. tool kit going for 995 USD. i can see why buddy wants a freebie.. :)

    He wouldn't need the toolkit (ref EP526, 500GBP for non-BSI members) if all
    he really wants is a copy of the standard. The toolkit contains the "lite"
    version of their Proteus gap analysis software as well as additional guides
    to implementing 7799.

    As I recall he wants a copy - preferably electronic - and this could be
    obtained by purchasing the EP201 "BSI Electronic Book. Information Security
    Management" for 150GBP (again non-BSI member price), which at the current
    x-rate would work out about 270-280USD.

    EP201 consists of the following:
    Complete texts of BS 7799-2:2002 and BS ISO/IEC 17799:2000 on CD-ROM.
    Windows 95/98/2000 and NT compatible. Copy, Paste, Search and Print
    facilities.

    --
    Mike
    mike dot alexander at moray dot gov dot uk

    Mike, Aug 4, 2004
  13. Thomas Schmidt

    Mike Guest

    No, he's talking about the toolkit rather than just the document set. The
    toolkit - ref: EP526 - has the following contents:

    "Contains all you need to help your organization develop and maintain an
    information security management system compliant with BS ISO/IEC 17799:2000
    and BS 7799:2002. CD-ROM includes complete texts of BS ISO IEC 17799:2000
    and BS 7799:2002, the Proteus Lite gap analysis software, a guide to
    understanding information security, presenting information security to your
    business, risk assessment and management procedures, a case study and a
    summary of the Data Protection Act."

    The price for this is 400GBP for BSI members and 500GBP for non-members.
    That works out at between 900-1000USD (depending on any taxes and variations
    in x-rates).

    For that price though I'd expect to have gilt-edged leather-bound
    volumes.... ;-)

    Mike, Aug 4, 2004
  14. Thomas Schmidt

    Mike Guest

    Mike, Aug 5, 2004
  15. Thomas Schmidt

    tanmoycool

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    Please go as directed...

    Please visit the following link. you can copy and paste it to your browser or click on the link if it works..

    http://www.callio.com/files/wp_iso_en.pdf

    I will be glad to help you. I think you can get all information from it
    (Please note that I am not taking responcibility of any kind of danage or any legal aspect.)

    With best regards
    Tanmoy

    tanmoycool, Jun 19, 2007
  16. Thomas Schmidt

    tanmoycool

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Messages:
    4
    please e-mail me for further help if you need in any topic I will be glad to have the opportunity to help you and please feel free to ask me any question I wil try to solve as per my capability.
    email me --->
    call me on (0091 9226248048)

    With best regards
    Tanmoy