    anonymous Guest

    Does anyone if there is such a camera on the market with ISO setting up to
    1600 yet not as bulky and heavy as a SLR camera?

    anonymous, Aug 22, 2004

  2. "anonymous" <> wrote in
    news:%F5Wc.300646$%_6.87296@attbi_s01:

    > Does anyone if there is such a camera on the market with ISO setting
    > up to 1600 yet not as bulky and heavy as a SLR camera?

    Unfortunately, only DSLR use APS size sensors and larger. The non
    SLR based cameras all use much smaller sensors. So - no you will
    not find any non SLR digital camera that can handle ISO 1600.

    There is a coming camera from Epson
    http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm
    that shall be able to use Leica lenses. Still, not very compact.
    But better. This is going to be a very expensive camera though.

    It would be very nice with an APS size sensor camera with
    a reasonable size zoom; or even better with a fixed focal
    length F1.4 lens.

    /Roland

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Aug 22, 2004

  3. anonymous

    PhAnTOmaS Guest

    YES!!!

    glglglgl

    Take a look on fuji s602z (older), fuji s7000...

    PhAnTOmaS, Aug 23, 2004
  4. "PhAnTOmaS" <> writes:
    > "anonymous" <> wrote:

    >> Does anyone if there is such a camera on the market with ISO
    >> setting up to 1600 yet not as bulky and heavy as a SLR camera?

    > YES!!!
    > Take a look on fuji s602z (older), fuji s7000...

    .... which at ISO 800 and 1600 turns into a 1 Mpx camera.

    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 23, 2004
  5. anonymous

    Mitch Alsup Guest

    Roland Karlsson <> wrote in message news:<Xns954DD9CB219EEklotjohan@130.133.1.4>...
    > "anonymous" <> wrote in
    >
    > > Does anyone if there is such a camera on the market with ISO setting
    > > up to 1600 yet not as bulky and heavy as a SLR camera?
    > >

    > Unfortunately, only DSLR use APS size sensors and larger. The non
    > SLR based cameras all use much smaller sensors. So - no you will
    > not find any non SLR digital camera that can handle ISO 1600.

    Not quite: Any film camera can handle ISO 1600 film. (hint use 'B')

    However, the only 1600+ film available has to go through a hypersenitization
    process where it is baked at low pressure in a hydrogen rich atmosphere.
    These films take great astrophotos, but find little use at terrestrial
    applications.

    Mitch Alsup, Aug 23, 2004
  6. anonymous

    PhAnTOmaS Guest

    only with s602z
    S7000 have 3mpx and iso800/1600 avaible

    PhAnTOmaS, Aug 23, 2004
  7. "PhAnTOmaS" <> writes:
    > "Gisle Hannemyr" <> escribió en el mensaje

    >>> YES!!!
    >>> Take a look on fuji s602z (older), fuji s7000...

    >> ... which at ISO 800 and 1600 turns into a 1 Mpx camera.

    > only with s602z
    > S7000 have 3mpx and iso800/1600 avaible

    According du the FujiFilm spec. sheet in front of me, S7000 has no
    ISO 1600 setting at all.

    Gisle Hannemyr, Aug 23, 2004