    cable and hey presto working 100%.

    Diagnosed the fault/ got the service manual /ordered the parts....thanks to
    the internet.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 27, 2005

  2. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    > Diagnosed the fault/ got the service manual /ordered the parts....thanks to
    > the internet.

    yep... welcome to the world of the faceless.

    cost on parts?

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 27, 2005

  3. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >> Diagnosed the fault/ got the service manual /ordered the parts....thanks
    >> to the internet.

    > yep... welcome to the world of the faceless.
    >
    > cost on parts?
    >
    > --
    > http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    $19 for the part, $22 for the postage (all in USD).
    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 27, 2005
  4. news.xtra.co.nz wrote:
    >>>Diagnosed the fault/ got the service manual /ordered the parts....thanks
    >>>to the internet.

    >>yep... welcome to the world of the faceless.
    >>cost on parts?

    > $19 for the part, $22 for the postage (all in USD).

    not bad.

    --
    http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 27, 2005
  5. "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message

    >>>yep... welcome to the world of the faceless.
    >>>cost on parts?

    >> $19 for the part, $22 for the postage (all in USD).

    > not bad.
    >
    > --
    > http://dave.net.nz <- My personal site.

    Yeah I was stoked....the notebook is 1.2ghz / 512 mb ram so is still
    perfectly good for mostly everything. I didn't really want to buy a new
    one until the next version of the windows OS is out.
    news.xtra.co.nz, Sep 27, 2005