    slow at dishing out their own homepage?
    I would change if I could find another plan with the same data cap - i
    have an old plan and they are much less generous now.
    Geoff, May 8, 2008

  2. Geoff

    EMB Guest

    Geoff wrote:
    > It has been days and Ihug is totally unusable. I wish I still had a dial up
    > account, it would be faster. i am not exaggerating - it takes 3 minutes to
    > load the Ihug (vodaphone) homepage. Taken 10 minutes to load the network
    > status page.
    > I bet they won't offer a refund fot the time it is unusable. Why doesn't
    > the Fair Trading Act apply to ISPs, especially ones owned by Telcos?
    >
    > Traceroutes show things are slow upstream, but why are their own servers so
    > slow at dishing out their own homepage?

    Something weird is going on in their network - both those pages load in
    3-4 seconds from my non-ihug ADSL.
    EMB, May 8, 2008

  3. Geoff

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:14:08 +1200, Geoff
    <> wrote:

    >It has been days and Ihug is totally unusable. I wish I still had a dial up
    >account, it would be faster. i am not exaggerating - it takes 3 minutes to
    >load the Ihug (vodaphone) homepage. Taken 10 minutes to load the network
    >status page.
    >I bet they won't offer a refund fot the time it is unusable. Why doesn't
    >the Fair Trading Act apply to ISPs, especially ones owned by Telcos?
    >
    >Traceroutes show things are slow upstream, but why are their own servers so
    >slow at dishing out their own homepage?
    >I would change if I could find another plan with the same data cap - i
    >have an old plan and they are much less generous now.

    It's not your exchange that's overloaded is it? I'm in Christchurch
    and it's working fine for me. Takes a few seconds to load up.

    There is a message on their network status page about the extreme
    weather causing problems and delays in fixng things with Auckland
    being the worst with an expected 6 day wait.
    Craig Shore, May 9, 2008
  4. Geoff

    Hoss Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Thu, 8 May 2008 20:14:08 +1200, Geoff
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> It has been days and Ihug is totally unusable. I wish I still had a dial up
    >> account, it would be faster. i am not exaggerating - it takes 3 minutes to
    >> load the Ihug (vodaphone) homepage. Taken 10 minutes to load the network
    >> status page.
    >> I bet they won't offer a refund fot the time it is unusable. Why doesn't
    >> the Fair Trading Act apply to ISPs, especially ones owned by Telcos?
    >>
    >> Traceroutes show things are slow upstream, but why are their own servers so
    >> slow at dishing out their own homepage?
    >> I would change if I could find another plan with the same data cap - i
    >> have an old plan and they are much less generous now.

    > It's not your exchange that's overloaded is it? I'm in Christchurch
    > and it's working fine for me. Takes a few seconds to load up.
    >
    > There is a message on their network status page about the extreme
    > weather causing problems and delays in fixng things with Auckland
    > being the worst with an expected 6 day wait.

    Well they can fucking well credit us.I have had a guts full.
    Hoss, May 10, 2008
  5. In article <zwak6e20e1ve.17g7kcague2om$>, Geoff <> wrote:
    >It has been days and Ihug is totally unusable. I wish I still had a dial up
    >account, it would be faster. i am not exaggerating - it takes 3 minutes to
    >load the Ihug (vodaphone) homepage. Taken 10 minutes to load the network
    >status page.
    >I bet they won't offer a refund fot the time it is unusable. Why doesn't
    >the Fair Trading Act apply to ISPs, especially ones owned by Telcos?
    >
    >Traceroutes show things are slow upstream, but why are their own servers so
    >slow at dishing out their own homepage?
    >I would change if I could find another plan with the same data cap - i
    >have an old plan and they are much less generous now.

    Hmmm ... maybe they are trying to give you a hint to swap to a 'modern'
    plan by making yours unuseable ? If you believe in conmspracies of course :)
    As you suggest, the chances are good that it's just a cock up :)
    Bruce Sinclair, May 12, 2008