    disconnect if idle.The advanced box is greyed out.

    The server pc is using win 98se.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    clarky, Oct 22, 2003

  2. clarky wrote:
    > We have just set up a network in work,allowing all 4 pc's to access the
    > internet from the server which is connected to an ISDN line.(Broadband not
    > available yet.)
    > The problem we have is when you disconnect from the Internet or e-mail
    > program on any of the Networked pc's, the server stays connected.
    > When it was a stand alone pc it used to disconnect after 5 minutes if idle,
    > but now it won't let me into the advanced settings where I can set it to
    > disconnect if idle.The advanced box is greyed out.
    >
    > The server pc is using win 98se.
    > Any help would be appreciated.

    Normally it's intended to be always-on; is there a reason you want to
    "disconnect", such as hoping it will make up for lack of a firewall? If that's
    the case, well, disconnecting won't help as you can get infected by something
    like Blaster well within whatever short time it takes to check your email.
    Tergiversative, Oct 22, 2003