    Thanks,

    DT

    , Jun 20, 2005

  2. Guest Guest

    the reason is because is a non broadcast media, per se the traffic destined
    to the local interface is first sent to the other end of the link and the
    routed back (just as serial interfaces just that in this case the router
    doesn't know how to reach it like in frame relay needs more information).
    you need explicitly to let know the router where to reach such address.

    --
    2nd Law of Thermodynamics: Chaos will Reign.

    ///////////////////
    --Anthrax--
    //////////////////

    http://www.usenet.com

    Guest, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Guest Guest

    Guest, Jun 21, 2005
  4. Guest

    Anthrax wrote:
    > the reason is because is a non broadcast media, per se the traffic destined
    > to the local interface is first sent to the other end of the link and the
    > routed back (just as serial interfaces just that in this case the router
    > doesn't know how to reach it like in frame relay needs more information).
    > you need explicitly to let know the router where to reach such address.

    Anthrax, thanks for the explanation.

    DT

    , Jun 21, 2005