    Any help would be wonderful.

    Thanks,
    Clayton

    Clayton, Jul 10, 2003

  2. OK, so you want to make a "pure ISDN" call OUT OF the AS5300 ... but
    what do you want to dial INTO? What data format does IT expect to see?
    There's no such thing as "PURE ISDN", just a whole lot of different
    possible framing formats to be used on a B channel (V.120, V.110 at
    different rates, Cisco HDLC, sync PPP, LAPB-TA ["X.75"], whatever.)

    On the 5300 (given recent enough IOS and MICA portware), you can definitely
    do a reverse telnet and make a V.110 outbound call. This works nicely and
    will sync up a whole lot quicker than a voiceband modem call; however it
    is limited to at most 38400 bps.

    V.120 dialout is the ideal protocol for doing what you're asking for
    (assuming that I understand what you're asking for), but it's not
    supported on the AS5300, only on the NextPort platforms (AS5350/5400/5850).

    I guess the real question here is ... what EXACTLY are you trying to
    accomplish?

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Can anybody think of a way to have similar functionality to the standard
    ~ telnet to port 7001 and get a outbound async modem, except to make a pure
    ~ ISDN call? Short of plugging an external ISDN modem into a AUX port?
    ~
    ~ This is an AS5300 with PRIs. I kicked around the idea of somehow setting up
    ~ a dialer interface to each place I need to dial digitally and tie that to a
    ~ rotary, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
    ~
    ~ Any help would be wonderful.
    ~
    ~ Thanks,
    ~ Clayton
    ~

    Aaron Leonard, Jul 11, 2003

  3. Clayton

    Clayton Guest

    I'm trying to dial into a IRS service center that supports ISDN dial up the
    same way an ISP might, but there is no PPP involved. I suppose you are
    right, I need to find out what they support on the other end. Can you tell
    me in some general way how I would set up the reverse telnet to do either
    v.110 or 120, and what modemcap I would use, what modem commands, etc? Or
    point me to something?

    Clayton, Jul 15, 2003
  4. On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 09:55:10 -0400, "Clayton" <> wrote:

    ~ I'm trying to dial into a IRS service center that supports ISDN dial up the
    ~ same way an ISP might, but there is no PPP involved.

    That doesn't make any sense to me, an ISDN ISP normally will ONLY support
    (sync) PPP.

    ~ I suppose you are
    ~ right, I need to find out what they support on the other end.

    Right, talk to them and find out what they want to see.

    ~ Can you tell
    ~ me in some general way how I would set up the reverse telnet to do either
    ~ v.110 or 120, and what modemcap I would use, what modem commands, etc? Or
    ~ point me to something?

    For V.110 dialout from the AS5300, see
    http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/120newft/120t/120t5/v110mic5.htm .

    That's kind of weak on examples. Basically, just reverse telnet to the
    modem, then do this:

    AT&F&D2S29=8
    ATS57=38400 < or whatever V.110 rate you want
    ATDIxxxyyyy < i.e. dial with ATDI rather than ATDT

    while testing, I'd have "debug modem csm" and "debug isdn q931" turned
    on just to have something fun to watch.

    MICA command docs: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td...serv/5300/sw_conf/sw_ports/at_set/atcmnds.htm

    For V.120 dialout ... the AS5300 doesn't support it (only
    V.120 dialin.) As I said, you need NextPort to do V.120
    dialout. The commands are somewhat similar to V.110 ...
    as far as I can tell, we don't document this on CCO, so
    I'll skip the details for now.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Aaron Leonard wrote:
    ~ > OK, so you want to make a "pure ISDN" call OUT OF the AS5300 ... but
    ~ > what do you want to dial INTO? What data format does IT expect to
    ~ > see? There's no such thing as "PURE ISDN", just a whole lot of
    ~ > different possible framing formats to be used on a B channel (V.120,
    ~ > V.110 at different rates, Cisco HDLC, sync PPP, LAPB-TA ["X.75"],
    ~ > whatever.)
    ~ >
    ~ > On the 5300 (given recent enough IOS and MICA portware), you can
    ~ > definitely do a reverse telnet and make a V.110 outbound call. This
    ~ > works nicely and will sync up a whole lot quicker than a voiceband
    ~ > modem call; however it is limited to at most 38400 bps.
    ~ >
    ~ > V.120 dialout is the ideal protocol for doing what you're asking for
    ~ > (assuming that I understand what you're asking for), but it's not
    ~ > supported on the AS5300, only on the NextPort platforms
    ~ > (AS5350/5400/5850).
    ~ >
    ~ > I guess the real question here is ... what EXACTLY are you trying to
    ~ > accomplish?
    ~ >
    ~ > Aaron
    ~ >
    ~ > ---
    ~ >
    ~ > ~ Can anybody think of a way to have similar functionality to the
    ~ > standard ~ telnet to port 7001 and get a outbound async modem, except
    ~ > to make a pure ~ ISDN call? Short of plugging an external ISDN modem
    ~ > into a AUX port? ~
    ~ > ~ This is an AS5300 with PRIs. I kicked around the idea of somehow
    ~ > setting up ~ a dialer interface to each place I need to dial
    ~ > digitally and tie that to a ~ rotary, but I'm not sure if it's
    ~ > possible. ~
    ~ > ~ Any help would be wonderful.
    ~ > ~
    ~ > ~ Thanks,