    How to configure authentication ?

    cheers
    Maciek
    Maciej_R, Sep 28, 2004

  2. On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:39:37 +0200, "Maciej_R" <> wrote:

    ~ Hi
    ~ I have the following problem:
    ~ Cisco 2621+ISDN BRI module - I need to dial into MS Windows RRAS and
    ~ authenticate using chap or ms-chap with DOMAINNAME\username (existing on
    ~ RRAS machine).
    ~ Now it dials on demand and connects to the remote modem , but the
    ~ authentication fails...
    ~ How to configure authentication ?
    ~
    ~ cheers
    ~ Maciek
    ~

    You can't use standard CHAP since (afaik) Windows doesn't support
    it for dialin. That leaves PAP or MS-CHAP, but you don't want to
    use PAP so that leaves MS-CHAP.

    So the config will be something like:

    interface bri0
    encapsulation ppp
    ppp authentication ms-chap callin
    ppp pap refuse
    ppp chap refuse
    ppp chap hostname DOMAINNAME\username
    ppp chap username BLAH

    debugs:

    debug isdn q931
    debug ppp negotiation

    caveats:

    syntax above from memory; typos possible, even likely
    might need recent IOS to work right (I think "ppp chap refuse"
    was at one time overloaded to cover both standard CHAP and
    MS-CHAP)

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Maciej_R