    Could anybody help me with passing the number for modems call, as it looks
    like modem calls do not go through any dial peer?

    Thanks in advance
    Dmitry Konyaev, Apr 21, 2004

  2. On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:33:10 +0300, "Dmitry Konyaev" <> wrote:

    ~ Hi!
    ~
    ~ I've got an AS5350 with a single ISDN PRI stream that is used for both the
    ~ incoming and the outgoing (callback) modem calls. I decided to use the same
    ~ stream for the outgoing voice calls, too. I installed an ATA186, set up the
    ~ dial-peers and everything's working.
    ~
    ~ After a short while I noticed that all outgoing calls originated from the
    ~ same number, because of the folliwing line in the configuration of the
    ~ corresponding serial port:
    ~
    ~ isdn calling-number XXXXXXX
    ~
    ~ I removed this command and configured the assignment of the correct outgoing
    ~ number for the voice calls through the dial-peer's translation rules.
    ~
    ~ Now, another problem has arised - no calling number at all is passed for the
    ~ modem calls, as can be seen in q931's notifications.
    ~
    ~ Could anybody help me with passing the number for modems call, as it looks
    ~ like modem calls do not go through any dial peer?
    ~
    ~ Thanks in advance

    As far as I know, you need the "isdn calling-number" for your dialout
    modem calls to provide the calling party number. (Why do you need
    calling party number for your modem calls?)

    Aaron
    Aaron Leonard, Apr 21, 2004