    administrators when the backup interface kicks-in? I've searched on
    Cisco.com and can't find anything. Some pointers would be greatly
    appreciated. Thanks!

    NoOnesPerfect, Jan 8, 2004

  2. * NoOnesPerfect <>:
    > We have a Cisco 1601R router with an ISDN BRI card configured as a backup
    > interface to a serial leased line connection (user Dialer Profiles). The
    > failover works just fine, but it's so slick that recently our
    > administrators weren't aware that we were running on ISDN. That can cost.
    > Is there a way of configuring some kind of alarm that alerts our
    > administrators when the backup interface kicks-in? I've searched on
    > Cisco.com and can't find anything. Some pointers would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    Configure sending SNMP traps to some host, and run snmptrapd (from the
    net-snmp software package) to receive them and act upon, e.g. by
    sending an email.

    Regards,
    Daniel

    Daniel Roesen, Jan 8, 2004

  3. NoOnesPerfect

    Ivan Ostres Guest

    In article <Xns946A8BED6FEEBhdfger344sadasdsad@62.253.162.109>,
    says...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > We have a Cisco 1601R router with an ISDN BRI card configured as a backup
    > interface to a serial leased line connection (user Dialer Profiles). The
    > failover works just fine, but it's so slick that recently our
    > administrators weren't aware that we were running on ISDN. That can cost.
    > Is there a way of configuring some kind of alarm that alerts our
    > administrators when the backup interface kicks-in? I've searched on
    > Cisco.com and can't find anything. Some pointers would be greatly
    > appreciated. Thanks!

    You can watch the syslog and act on Dialer events, or of course, you can
    always use SNMP traps.

    --
    Ivan

    Ivan Ostres, Jan 9, 2004