    already told me.

    I have two of these servers, both in the same state, doing the same thing.
    Are there any known compatibility issues with R2 and the iSCSI initiator?

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=, Oct 18, 2006

  2. None that I'm aware of. But since you're installing a QFE, you should have
    an open case with MS on it. Perhaps the download was corrupted?

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Oct 18, 2006

  3. FYI for those that may experience this - Upon a bit more prodding and
    experimenting I discovered that MS .NET framework 2.0 was the culprit. Once
    I removed it from each of the servers and restarted, the iSCSI initiator went
    in just fine without a problem. It seems that .NET 2.0 updated a function
    that the iSCSI initiator install made a call to.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=, Oct 19, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWFydHk=?=

    ymikhail

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    I had the same problem

    I came across this post while seraching for a solution to my similar problem (Intel Processor). After trying several suggestions on the internet, i bumped into the solution

    h t t p :/ /msmvps.com/blogs/lduncan/articles/20217.aspx

    My problem was a corrupt WMI repository . I went through teh following steps to solve it:
    1- create a batch file containing the following commands:

    -------
    net stop winmgmt
    c:
    cd %systemroot%\system32\wbem
    rd /S /Q repository

    regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\scecli.dll
    regsvr32 /s %systemroot%\system32\userenv.dll

    mofcomp cimwin32.mof
    mofcomp cimwin32.mfl
    mofcomp rsop.mof
    mofcomp rsop.mfl
    for /f %%s in ('dir /b /s *.dll') do regsvr32 /s %%s
    for /f %%s in ('dir /b *.mof') do mofcomp %%s
    for /f %%s in ('dir /b *.mfl') do mofcomp %%s
    echo DONE reboot
    pause
    -----

    2- restart the machine
    3- reinstall. It should now complete the setup successfully
    4- continue with iSCSI configuration

    the steps mentioned above solved my problem. I hope it helps you as well

    Regards

    ymikhail, Oct 15, 2009