    Antivirus will not function and Veritas Backup software merely laughs at it.
    Anyone with advice (other than the $245 call to Microsoft answer) would be
    appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJkUw==?=, Aug 29, 2005

  2. EdwardS wrote:

    >I am setting up an entire new network infrastructure based on Win2k3 x64
    >and
    >it has turned very quickly into a nightmare! Very little works with this
    >OS.
    >Has ANYONE discovered a way to get ISA2k4 or Exchange2k3 to work? ISA won't
    >even install and Exchange2k3 errors out with compatibility errors. Symantec
    >Antivirus will not function and Veritas Backup software merely laughs at
    >it.
    >Anyone with advice (other than the $245 call to Microsoft answer) would be
    >appreciated.

    You've found the big two Microsoft server applications that are simply not
    compatible with x64 at present.

    Sadly, we have to wait for the next version of both products before we
    might be able to run them on x64.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 29, 2005

  3. The latest version of Symantec AV version 10 works on x64 but cannot be
    updated through a parent server for definitions.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Aug 29, 2005
  4. Both ISA 2k4 and Exchange 2K3 are only available on 32-bit Windows Server at
    this point, and that won't likely change before the next major version for
    either application. As for AV -- the corporate version of Symantec will
    work, we're told, and there are certainly other AV available (just look at
    the various threads on it here.) As for Veritas or other backup solutions, I
    haven't seen much one way or another yet about what's available or coming.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 29, 2005
  5. Thanks for the reponse, it seems that you are absolutely correct.

    =?Utf-8?B?RWR3YXJkUw==?=, Aug 29, 2005