    Thanks,
    --
    SPARTAN 2006
    =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=, Dec 22, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    lowdes Guest

    Wow look at the MCNGP answers this . . . once again MCNGP don't have MCSE.

    lowdes, Dec 22, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    lowdes <> rambled:

    > Wow look at the MCNGP answers this . . . once again MCNGP don't have
    > MCSE.
    >
    > "SPARTAN" <> wrote in message
    >> I have ISA 2000 (Standard Edition) installed on windows Server 2003
    >> for small
    >> business (20-25 users) "Not Domain controller".
    >>
    >> On this ISA server I have two network cards:
    >>
    >> 1-Internal 192.168.0.X connected to the network
    >> 2-External 10.0.0.X connected to the internet by 256 kbps ADSL modem.
    >>
    >> 1-How can I configure the both network cards as any request comes
    >> from the internal network be routed to the external so ISA policies
    >> applied to thses
    >> requests?
    >>
    >> 2- When I ping from the server 10.0.0.X to a client from the internal
    >> network 192.168.0.X it replys. But as I ping from the 192.X.X.X to
    >> the
    >> 10.X.X.X it timed out. What the most likely of the problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --
    >> SPARTAN 2006

    Your answer was brilliant, low density.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.
    Briscobar, Dec 22, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    LRM Guest

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    > Wow look at the MCNGP answers this . . . once again MCNGP don't have
    > MCSE.
    >
    > "SPARTAN" <> wrote in message
    >>I have ISA 2000 (Standard Edition) installed on windows Server 2003 for
    >>small
    >> business (20-25 users) "Not Domain controller".
    >>
    >> On this ISA server I have two network cards:
    >>
    >> 1-Internal 192.168.0.X connected to the network
    >> 2-External 10.0.0.X connected to the internet by 256 kbps ADSL modem.
    >>
    >> 1-How can I configure the both network cards as any request comes from
    >> the
    >> internal network be routed to the external so ISA policies applied to
    >> thses
    >> requests?
    >>
    >> 2- When I ping from the server 10.0.0.X to a client from the internal
    >> network 192.168.0.X it replys. But as I ping from the 192.X.X.X to the
    >> 10.X.X.X it timed out. What the most likely of the problem?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> --
    >> SPARTAN 2006

    Some of us were working you buttmunch. Why didn't you answer his question? I
    know why, because you don't know the answer! loser!

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Dec 22, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    LRM Guest

    "SPARTAN" <> wrote in message
    >I have ISA 2000 (Standard Edition) installed on windows Server 2003 for
    >small
    > business (20-25 users) "Not Domain controller".
    >
    > On this ISA server I have two network cards:
    >
    > 1-Internal 192.168.0.X connected to the network
    > 2-External 10.0.0.X connected to the internet by 256 kbps ADSL modem.
    >
    > 1-How can I configure the both network cards as any request comes from the
    > internal network be routed to the external so ISA policies applied to
    > thses
    > requests?
    >
    > 2- When I ping from the server 10.0.0.X to a client from the internal
    > network 192.168.0.X it replys. But as I ping from the 192.X.X.X to the
    > 10.X.X.X it timed out. What the most likely of the problem?

    I need more information but start here for your answer:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/300876/

    and
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/isa/2000/evaluate/isatqa.mspx

    Also, just curious, why are you using ISA 2000 and not 2004.
    You might also want to post this question in
    microsoft.public.isa.configuration

    --
    LRM
    MCNGP 7^2
    LRM, Dec 22, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 22, 2005 at 9:40am "SPARTAN" blathered:

    > Server 2003 for small
    > business (20-25 users) "Not Domain controller".

    This doesn't make sense. Isn't an SBS 2003 a domain controller by default?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Dec 22, 2005
  7. No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as today...

    --
    SPARTAN 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=, Dec 22, 2005
  8. Cool! I like these lins dear LRM and regarding your curious I can tell that
    the budget push me to still use ISA 2000 as I have it before...

    More clarification:

    I installed the Standard editon of the ISA 2000.

    I have read somwhere that if I want the ISA to do its job I should prompt it
    to a DC!!!!

    What I know that it is okay to install the ISA if it is standard editon on
    stand alone server which not necessary to be a DC, right?

    --
    SPARTAN 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=, Dec 22, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    LRM Guest

    "SPARTAN" <> wrote in message
    > Cool! I like these lins dear LRM and regarding your curious I can tell
    > that
    > the budget push me to still use ISA 2000 as I have it before...
    >
    > More clarification:
    >
    > I installed the Standard editon of the ISA 2000.
    >
    > I have read somwhere that if I want the ISA to do its job I should prompt
    > it
    > to a DC!!!!
    >
    > What I know that it is okay to install the ISA if it is standard editon on
    > stand alone server which not necessary to be a DC, right?

    In your original post you wanted to know how to fix your timeout problem.
    You seemed to be wanting your isa server to be an RRAS server. Is that the
    case? if so I provided a link in my previous post that helps you do that.

    Continue reading in TechNet and you will find the answer to the other
    questions you asked. I would not deploy isa server on a DC without a really
    good reason. Again, please post your questions in the other newsgroup I
    mentioned in the previous post. They live for ISA server in that group.
    Good luck
    LRM, Dec 22, 2005
  10. Dear "LRM" I am a little bit conused! What I need is to force my users on the
    internal network access the internet through the ISA server but wihtout
    making such a domain controller and have them log on to a DC. I need to keep
    this workgroup environment and at the same time I need a few of ISA ploicies
    to be applied on the PCs. Does that mean I have to configure my ISA server as
    a RRAS?

    My problem in configuring the both network cards to be the only way which
    the users can access the internet through. I get benefit of your links and I
    need to try this asap to see if i can success. Meanwhile, I would be happy to
    collect as much as info related to my issue.

    Thank you for your cooperation "LRM" and best regards,
    --
    SPARTAN 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=, Dec 22, 2005
  11. and regarding the timeout problem, it is actually happened when i configured
    the internal network with the IP I mentioned in my first question ".

    regards,
    --
    SPARTAN 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=, Dec 22, 2005
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:

    > No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as today...

    So it is NOT a Microsoft Small Business Server 2003?

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Dec 23, 2005
  13. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:

    > No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as today...

    Jan Brady: Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at this or
    how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Dec 23, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?U1BBUlRBTg==?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Dec 23, 2005 at 12:06am "TechGeekPro" blathered:

    > On Dec 22, 2005 at 5:44pm "SPARTAN" blathered:
    >
    >> No! My server was a file server before becoming an ISA server as
    >> today...

    > Jan Brady: Well, all day long at school I hear how great Marcia is at
    > this or how wonderful Marcia did that! Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

    Ooops. Posted to the wrong thread. My bad.

    --
    TGP MCNGP #100100
    http://www.mcngp.com
    TechGeekPro, Dec 23, 2005
  15. Eh. I don't know much about ISA, havn't even looked at it before, but here
    are a few tips.

    1. Make sure your ISA server is acting as a router (ip forwarding...)

    It sounds like it cannot route from one network card to the other. When you
    ping fro the server it is going out the internal NIC, when you ping from a
    host you are going to the internal NIC and the server is not routing it to
    the external NIC.

    2. Check your server's default gateway is the external NIC

    Do a "route print" from the command line, you will see your default gateway
    listed there. If it is incorrect delete route 0.0.0.0 then assign a static
    persistent route for 0.0.0.0 out the correct card. If you only have one
    internal network this will be sufficient, if not you will need to add static
    routes for the other internal networks as your server will now try get to
    them out the external NIC and end up in limbo.

    3. Configure DHCP so your hosts use your server's internal NIC as their
    default gateway.

    Hope that gets you going.

    Colin

    =?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4=?=, Dec 28, 2005