    it. And perhaps you may be wondering how many pictures will your
    computer hold? First you need to answer a few questions?

    Read Full Article At: http://tinyurl.com/rsg8d

    ARG, Apr 11, 2006

  2. ARG

    Pat Guest

    Here's a hint. Anyone smarts enough to read this newsgroup and breathe
    at the same time already knows everything in the article. What are you
    doing: Trying to build up clicks or trying to write "basic, basic
    photography for really dumb dumbies"?

    Here's the article in a sentence: If you have a 20 gb hard drive with
    Win 98 and Office Suite on it, down buy a 10 mb camera. Duh. Best
    advice: the never-can-be said-too-much "don't forget to make backups."

    Pat, Apr 11, 2006

  3. ARG

    Jem Raid Guest

    Yum Yum

    > "don't forget to make backups."

    Sounds nice could I have the recipe

    Jem

    -------------------------------------
    Birmingham Independent Photographers
    http://bip.wikispaces.com/

    Jem Raid, Apr 11, 2006
  4. ARG

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: Yum Yum

    Jem Raid wrote:

    > > "don't forget to make backups."

    > Sounds nice could I have the recipe
    >
    > Jem
    >
    > -------------------------------------
    > Birmingham Independent Photographers
    > http://bip.wikispaces.com/

    Take one back, place in pot of up and allow to simmer for about
    fifteen minutes over a low gas.

    --
    Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Apr 11, 2006
  5. ARG

    Pat Guest

    Re: Yum Yum

    Oh, I though excess heat was WHY you make backups, not HOW :)

    The recipe is free and easy. Take one computer, add lots of bytes, run
    hard drive for 97,000 hours. Eventually, disks will spontaneously
    change bits around (sort of like proofing) and you will have failure.
    Pretty simple, actually.

    Making backups is like feeding your hard drive. If you make backups,
    the hard drive lives a long and productive life. If you don't feed it,
    then they become cranky and dies at the worst possible moment.

    I don't know how the hard drive knows that you make backups, but it
    does ....

    Pat, Apr 11, 2006
  6. ARG

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: Yum Yum

    Pat wrote:

    > Oh, I though excess heat was WHY you make backups, not HOW :)
    >
    > The recipe is free and easy. Take one computer, add lots of bytes, run
    > hard drive for 97,000 hours. Eventually, disks will spontaneously
    > change bits around (sort of like proofing) and you will have failure.
    > Pretty simple, actually.
    >
    > Making backups is like feeding your hard drive. If you make backups,
    > the hard drive lives a long and productive life. If you don't feed it,
    > then they become cranky and dies at the worst possible moment.
    >
    > I don't know how the hard drive knows that you make backups, but it
    > does ....

    It is watching you at all times... even in the bath!

    Paul Heslop, Apr 12, 2006
  7. ARG

    Roy G Guest

    Re: Yum Yum

    "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > Pat wrote:
    >>
    >> Oh, I though excess heat was WHY you make backups, not HOW :)
    >>
    >> The recipe is free and easy. Take one computer, add lots of bytes, run
    >> hard drive for 97,000 hours. Eventually, disks will spontaneously
    >> change bits around (sort of like proofing) and you will have failure.
    >> Pretty simple, actually.
    >>
    >> Making backups is like feeding your hard drive. If you make backups,
    >> the hard drive lives a long and productive life. If you don't feed it,
    >> then they become cranky and dies at the worst possible moment.
    >>
    >> I don't know how the hard drive knows that you make backups, but it
    >> does ....

    > It is watching you at all times... even in the bath!
    > --
    > Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
    > Stop and Look
    > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    What!
    You let your hard drive use your bathroom.
    Make it go out into the garden just like the dog.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Apr 12, 2006
  8. ARG

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: Yum Yum

    Roy G wrote:

    > "Paul Heslop" <> wrote in message
    > > Pat wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Oh, I though excess heat was WHY you make backups, not HOW :)
    > >>
    > >> The recipe is free and easy. Take one computer, add lots of bytes, run
    > >> hard drive for 97,000 hours. Eventually, disks will spontaneously
    > >> change bits around (sort of like proofing) and you will have failure.
    > >> Pretty simple, actually.
    > >>
    > >> Making backups is like feeding your hard drive. If you make backups,
    > >> the hard drive lives a long and productive life. If you don't feed it,
    > >> then they become cranky and dies at the worst possible moment.
    > >>
    > >> I don't know how the hard drive knows that you make backups, but it
    > >> does ....

    > > It is watching you at all times... even in the bath!
    > > --
    > > Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
    > > Stop and Look
    > > http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

    > What!
    > You let your hard drive use your bathroom.
    > Make it go out into the garden just like the dog.
    >
    > Roy G

    Nah, the dog and it don't get along since the drive was caught giving
    the dog's bitch a quick partitioning. They now have a nice litter of
    microdrives.

    Paul Heslop, Apr 12, 2006