    computer.
    --
    Kim Nish

    =?Utf-8?B?S2ltIHNld3M=?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Windows XP Professional x64 cannot run on any Tablet out there, so you are
    running the x86 version of Windows XP Professional, so avoid the x64 driver
    update on that site.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 15, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?S2ltIHNld3M=?=

    Rick Guest

    Kim sews wrote:
    > I know this is a stupid question, but I don't usually hang in the OS places.
    > I have a computer with XP Pro pre-installed when I bought it. Just went to a
    > site to upgrade drivers and they had 2. One for XP and one for XP x64. I've
    > never seen this before and wondering which one to get. I'm also wondering if
    > maybe that is why my tablet has never been abled to be configured on this
    > computer.

    If your computer is running Windows XP Professional x64, then you need
    the XP x64 drivers.

    Rick, Sep 15, 2005
  4. You need the XP one. The x64 version is only for 64-bit processors that
    support the x64 spec, and no tablet does so. (And if you have a Tablet PC
    that doesn't have Windows XP Tablet PC Edition on it, you should be talking
    to your OEM -- you can't use the Tablet PC features without the Tablet PC
    Edition of Windows XP.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2005
  5. I don't have a tablet PC (well I do-3 of them, but this is a desktop), I have
    a digitizing tablet. Would it say XP x64 when it gives system information-it
    just says XP Professional. How do I know if it is a 32 bit or a 64 bit
    program? I can't find it anyplace.
    --
    Kim Nish

    =?Utf-8?B?S2ltIHNld3M=?=, Sep 15, 2005
  6. Actually the driver I am trying to download is for a digitizing tablet on the
    WACOM site, not for a tablet computer. How can I tell which verstion I have?
    --
    Kim Nish

    =?Utf-8?B?S2ltIHNld3M=?=, Sep 15, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S2ltIHNld3M=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Look at the start-up screen if it doesn't say x64 it's not.

    John Barnes, Sep 15, 2005
  8. Ricks post answered that well, if its a wacom Tablet you are using on x64,
    the x64 drivers is what you need for that device if you are running Windows
    XP Professional x64. To ensure you are running that version of Windows,
    click Start > Run > type in "winver" without qoutes.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 15, 2005
  9. Kim sews wrote:
    > I know this is a stupid question, but I don't usually hang in the OS places.
    > I have a computer with XP Pro pre-installed when I bought it. Just went to a
    > site to upgrade drivers and they had 2. One for XP and one for XP x64. I've
    > never seen this before and wondering which one to get. I'm also wondering if
    > maybe that is why my tablet has never been abled to be configured on this
    > computer.

    If you have to ask, you're almost definitely running a 32-bit
    version of WinXP. I'm not trying to be facetious; I'm sure you'd have
    noticed paying several thousand dollars more for the Itanium or Itanium
    II CPU required to run the original 64-bit version of WinXP Pro, or
    whether or not you purchased a computer with an AMD64 CPU. There is, of
    course, no 64-bit version of WinXP Home.

    Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/overview.asp

    To verify for yourself, Click Start > Run, type in "Winver" and
    press <Enter>. If the resulting dialog box does not _explicitly_ state
    that you have "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition" or "Windows XP Professional
    x64 Edition," then you have a 32-bit OS.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm