Is XP 64-bit Edition Discontinued?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=, Aug 22, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=, Aug 22, 2006

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 22, 2006

  3. I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
    version? is it still on Beta test?

    http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ct_Code=210165&Category_Code=OperatingSystems

    =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=, Aug 22, 2006
  4. My list of vendors that I buy from online:
    www.ncix.com
    www.directron.com
    www.planetamd64.com
    www.zipzoomfly.com
    www.newegg.com

    All have been reliable, fair, and honest sources of software and/or hardware
    for me over the years.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 22, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
    vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that can
    get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is not a
    beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is designed for,
    before you buy it.

    John Barnes, Aug 23, 2006
  6. NCIX has both US and Canadian shipping points, according to my
    understanding. But if they only ship from Canada, then yes, that's an issue.
    The opposite of the one I usually have to deal with.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    John Barnes wrote:
    > I have bought from them once and had no problems. I prefer the last 4
    > vendors on Charlie's list since I don't want to risk the many fees that
    > can get added without notice by buying from out of the country. This is
    > not a beta. I suggest you read Charlie's articles on whom the OS is
    > designed for, before you buy it.
    >

    > "Genesis" <> wrote in message
    >> I found another reseller but what on the link below. Is this the original
    >> version? is it still on Beta test?
    >>
    >> http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merc...ct_Code=210165&Category_Code=OperatingSystems
    >>
    >> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
    >>
    >>> XP x64 Edition SP2 has not been released, nor is the original version
    >>> discontinued that I'm aware of. Find another reseller. There are
    >>> several. --
    >>> Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2006
  7. There is currently only the original version. The original version already
    was at the service pack 1 level because it shares the Server 2003 SP1 code
    base. The current beta of SP2 is the first service pack for x64. To date,
    no edition of XP Pro x64 has been discontinued.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 23, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Been burned too many times by Canadian companies that quote in US$ and
    everything looks like it will be a US$ transaction, then find they charge
    the credit card in C$ and I have exchange differences between their
    calculation, the credit card exchange and then the exchange fees from the
    credit card company. I just like to know what I am paying for something
    when the order is placed.

    John Barnes, Aug 23, 2006
  9. well, I can understand the concern, having been screwed by more than one US
    company. ;) However, that being said, I have had nothing but good results
    and experiences with NCIX. They have been top notch, and really gone the
    extra mile to stand behind their stuff. Frankly, I didn't expect all that
    much - they're one of the cheapest in Canada. But they've been super. Just
    super.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Will keep that in mind should I move to Canada :)

    John Barnes, Aug 23, 2006
  11. The upcoming service pack is in beta testing, so the only reason I can think
    of is that it must be near release and a newer version of x64 will be
    released which includes it. The same is true of Windows Server 2003 and
    NewEgg has the same confusing details on that product.
    www.coribright.com/Windows

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Aug 23, 2006
  12. I'm sure that you're right but the SP2 release is not close enough for that
    kind of mistake.

    Colin Barnhorst, Aug 23, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?R2VuZXNpcw==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I think they mistook the new (32-bit) Windows XP SP2b release as something
    newer that should replace the current x64 release. Hopefully they'll get it
    fixed.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Aug 23, 2006