    What shall I do,

    many thanks

    thud11

    Look in my eyes and you'll find me, Aug 29, 2003

  2. "Look in my eyes and you'll find me" <> wrote in message
    > I've just installed X-Cleaner a free ware programme from the internet and

    > was wondering whether it is legit? And ive run it and

    Its a little late to be asking that question now, isn't it?? :p"

    it says

    > "Your disk and registry system has been cleaned.
    > It is possible that some programmes or data remain on your computer

    memory.
    > The only way to clean the memory is to restart Windows
    > Do you want To restart now?"

    Alot of programs prompt you to do that, when they've made changes.

    --Tina

    --
    http://www.AffordableHOST.com
    LiveChat: http://chat.affordablehost.com

    Tina - AffordableHOST.com, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    Boomer.. Guest

    Look in my eyes and you'll find me said:

    > I've just installed X-Cleaner a free ware programme from the
    > internet and I was wondering whether it is legit?

    Is what legit? That it's freeware?
    This program?
    http://www.xblock.com/download-freeware.shtml

    > And ive run it
    > and it says
    >
    > "Your disk and registry system has been cleaned.
    > It is possible that some programmes or data remain on your
    > computer memory. The only way to clean the memory is to restart
    > Windows Do you want To restart now?"
    >
    > Im running Windows ME and did a system restore before installing
    > and running?
    >
    > What shall I do,

    Restart I suspose. It states "...only way to clean the memory is to
    restart Windows..."

    Boomer.., Aug 29, 2003
  4. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    Raine Guest

    I also run X Cleaner.
    All it does is cleans the Registry of dead files, i.e. files that are no longer required/used by the OS on your machine. Uninstalled programs very often leave unwanted files within the Registry, be assured that X Cleaner will NOT remove the Registry itself.
    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 29, 2003
  5. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:53:07 +0100, "Raine"
    <> scribbled:

    >I also run X Cleaner.
    >All it does is cleans the Registry of dead files, i.e. files that are no longer required/used by the OS on your machine. Uninstalled programs very often leave unwanted files within the Registry, be assured that X Cleaner will NOT remove the Registry itself.
    >Raine.

    There are no 'files' in the registry since the registry itself IS
    a file. And fix your damned word wrap.

    --

    Exxy is my hero!

    -= Hawk =-, Aug 29, 2003
  6. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    Raine Guest

    My word wrap is set to *72*. Someone had already pointed this out to me and gave me the instructions on how to do it. Which I did.
    I'm sorry, I really don't know how to put this right.
    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 29, 2003
  7. Re: Is X-Cleaner Legit? I think it may have wiped my registry. What do i do? Thanks

    Thanks all for your help. I restarted and am back on the AIR. thanks all

    Look in my eyes and you'll find me, Aug 29, 2003
  8. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:20:51 +0100, "Look in my eyes and you'll find
    me" <> wrote:

    >I've just installed X-Cleaner a free ware programme from the internet and I
    >was wondering whether it is legit? And ive run it and it says

    Tell me something ... are you in the habit of running programs which
    you don't check out to see what they do? If so, why?

    >Im running Windows ME and did a system restore before installing and
    >running?

    Tsk. Upgrade to something better, please.

    >What shall I do,

    If you trust the programme to do as it claims, reboot. If not, restore
    to the last point you were at before you installed that programme.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Aug 29, 2003
  9. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 19:04:23 +0100, "Raine"
    <> wrote:

    >My word wrap is set to *72*. Someone had already pointed this out to
    >me and gave me the instructions on how to do it. Which I did.
    >I'm sorry, I really don't know how to put this right.

    Best thing to do is to not use OE at all. But barring that, hit enter
    at an appropriate place (perhaps at column 70 or 75). Also, you might
    try to locate a copy of QuoteFix for OE. It'll fix those pesky
    unwrapped lines correctly. Oh, and it'll help coerce OE into letting
    you post your comments for a message below the quoted material like it
    should be - rather than on top like Microsoft thinks it should be.

    [ Doc Jeff ], Aug 29, 2003
  10. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    Raine Guest

    Thanks, use got Quote fix.
    I actually like OE6.

    Raine.

    Raine, Aug 29, 2003
  11. Look in my eyes and you'll find me

    [ Doc Jeff ] Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 23:29:43 +0100, "Raine"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks, use got Quote fix.
    >I actually like OE6.
    >
    >Raine.

    I'll pray for you to find another mail/news client. Really I will. And
    I'm an atheist too :)

    [ Doc Jeff ], Aug 31, 2003