    nothing...

    Thank you for your help

    Chris

    Chris, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Chris

    Ginge Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    news:41232876$0$20676$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an XP Pro SP1 system and yesterday I noticed the appearance of
    > the update windows icon in the task bar (bottom right). This is weird
    > because I have used Windows for 2 years and this icon never appeared.
    >
    > I noticed there are 2 wuauclt.exe programs running in the Task Manager.
    > If I delete them, they come back automatically. Also when I
    > double-click the Update icon, the Update window does not look familiar
    > to me (could be a copy of the real window). If I click Cancel in this
    > window, it is minimized but stay in the tray...
    >
    > What do you think? I check my PC with Kaspersky updated and it detects
    > nothing...
    >
    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > Chris

    Seems like windows auto update to me.. is it trying to update to SP2
    perhaps?

    Ginge, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Chris

    dono Guest

    dono, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Chris

    Quaoar Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have an XP Pro SP1 system and yesterday I noticed the appearance of
    > the update windows icon in the task bar (bottom right). This is weird
    > because I have used Windows for 2 years and this icon never appeared.
    >
    > I noticed there are 2 wuauclt.exe programs running in the Task
    > Manager. If I delete them, they come back automatically. Also when I
    > double-click the Update icon, the Update window does not look familiar
    > to me (could be a copy of the real window). If I click Cancel in this
    > window, it is minimized but stay in the tray...
    >
    > What do you think? I check my PC with Kaspersky updated and it
    > detects nothing...
    >
    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > Chris

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 is being released through Windows Update.
    What you are seeing is the auto notification icon that SP2 is available.
    SP2 is accessed through Windows Update Version 5 which is the new update
    site that you see. You can verify the site for yourself by selecting
    Windows Update from the Internet Explorer Tools Menu.

    Quaoar, Aug 21, 2004