  1. Hello. I am going to backup my PIX 515 config and was wondering if WR TERM
    and SHOW CONFIG is the same thing? I want to capture my config to a text
    file through Hyperterminal. Thanks.

    Corbin O'Reilly, Apr 6, 2005

  2. In article <F_P4e.25631$>,
    "Corbin O'Reilly" <> wrote:

    > Hello. I am going to backup my PIX 515 config and was wondering if WR TERM
    > and SHOW CONFIG is the same thing? I want to capture my config to a text
    > file through Hyperterminal. Thanks.

    In IOS-based routers, "wr term" shows the running configuration,
    equivalent to "show running", while "show config" shows the startup
    configuration. I'm guessing that PIX is similar.

    --
    Barry Margolin,
    Arlington, MA

    Barry Margolin, Apr 6, 2005

  3. Corbin O'Reilly

    Adam KOSA Guest

    On Wed, 6 Apr 2005, Corbin O'Reilly wrote:

    > Hello. I am going to backup my PIX 515 config and was wondering if WR TERM
    > and SHOW CONFIG is the same thing? I want to capture my config to a text
    > file through Hyperterminal. Thanks.

    It should be the same, however i'd suggest you install a free tftp server
    (there are tons of them) to save you some typing and typoes. write net
    sould save you sime time.

    cheers
    Adam

    A: No.

    Adam KOSA, Apr 6, 2005
  4. Corbin O'Reilly

    Scooby Guest

    "Corbin O'Reilly" <> wrote in message
    > Hello. I am going to backup my PIX 515 config and was wondering if WR TERM
    > and SHOW CONFIG is the same thing? I want to capture my config to a text
    > file through Hyperterminal. Thanks.

    show config is the equivalent of show startup-config. wr term is the
    equivalent of show running-config. After a write mem, they become the same.

    While these perform functionally the same thing (after write mem), they may
    not be what you want. For example, if you have any ipsec configs in there,
    your isakmp key will not be displayed, you will just see ********. However,
    if you do a write net, the actual config will get saved. So, I would say,
    get a tftp server and do a write net. Freebie available at solarwinds.net.

    Hope that helps,

    Jim

    Scooby, Apr 6, 2005