    may cap it.

    What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average person
    download? I've done around 11GB in one month!
    Rats, Sep 17, 2003

  2. Rats

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <bk8r6r$q57ot$-berlin.de>,
    "Rats" <> wrote:

    > Like many here I have been looking for a decent broadband provider for some
    > time. I am currently with world-net and they have the usual Jetstart capped
    > at 10gb.
    >
    > Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    > that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped initially
    > but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then they
    > may cap it.
    >
    > What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average person
    > download? I've done around 11GB in one month!

    Do you remember Walker Wireless's old offering? I remember looking at it
    about 20 months ago (possibly longer) and they were offering the same
    sort of thing with a 2Gb cap. I'd say it will be pretty similar to this,
    unless they really want to encourage use of their service.

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Sep 17, 2003

  3. Rats

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:24:42 +1200, Rats wrote:

    > Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    > that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped initially
    > but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then they
    > may cap it.

    With a FAT pipe, the volume has to be limited, or your wallet is very big.
    Remember Telecom did not cap Jetstart at the start.

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Rats

    max Guest

    wrote:

    >Like many here I have been looking for a decent broadband provider for some
    >time. I am currently with world-net and they have the usual Jetstart capped
    >at 10gb.
    >
    >Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    >that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped initially
    >but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then they
    >may cap it.
    >
    >What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average person
    >download? I've done around 11GB in one month!

    yes this is one of the risks. I will wait for at least a year before
    they settle down into the groove, before shelling out for an expensive
    modem
    max, Sep 17, 2003
  5. Rats

    Mel Guest

    YES - I have been trialling it here in Southland and its great!

    Mel

    Mel, Sep 17, 2003
  6. Rats

    Big Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:24:42 +1200, "Rats" <> wrote:

    >Like many here I have been looking for a decent broadband provider for some
    >time. I am currently with world-net and they have the usual Jetstart capped
    >at 10gb.
    >
    >Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    >that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped initially
    >but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then they
    >may cap it.
    >
    >What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average person
    >download? I've done around 11GB in one month!

    No it will go the way Chello did..,
    Big , Sep 17, 2003
  7. Rats

    Big Guest

    On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:36:42 +1200, madknoxie
    <> wrote:

    >In article <bk8r6r$q57ot$-berlin.de>,
    > "Rats" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Like many here I have been looking for a decent broadband provider for some
    >> time. I am currently with world-net and they have the usual Jetstart capped
    >> at 10gb.
    >>
    >> Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    >> that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped initially
    >> but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then they
    >> may cap it.
    >>
    >> What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average person
    >> download? I've done around 11GB in one month!

    >Do you remember Walker Wireless's old offering? I remember looking at it
    >about 20 months ago (possibly longer) and they were offering the same
    >sort of thing with a 2Gb cap. I'd say it will be pretty similar to this,
    >unless they really want to encourage use of their service.

    This is Walker Wireless's under a new name..
    Big , Sep 17, 2003
  8. Rats

    Big Guest

    Re: Is Woosh the answer? No Woosh its gone,...

    Big , Sep 17, 2003
  9. Rats

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    Big wrote:

    > On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:36:42 +1200, madknoxie
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <bk8r6r$q57ot$-berlin.de>,
    > > "Rats" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Like many here I have been looking for a decent broadband provider for
    > >> some
    > >> time. I am currently with world-net and they have the usual Jetstart
    > >> capped
    > >> at 10gb.
    > >>
    > >> Woosh promises 250kbps uncapped but after talking to them today I've found
    > >> that this is NOT the case. What they will do is leave it uncapped
    > >> initially
    > >> but once they've researched usage they will establish a median and then
    > >> they
    > >> may cap it.
    > >>
    > >> What are your thoughts on this? Also, how much data does the average
    > >> person
    > >> download? I've done around 11GB in one month!

    > >Do you remember Walker Wireless's old offering? I remember looking at it
    > >about 20 months ago (possibly longer) and they were offering the same
    > >sort of thing with a 2Gb cap. I'd say it will be pretty similar to this,
    > >unless they really want to encourage use of their service.

    > This is Walker Wireless's under a new name..

    Which is why I posted it. Its still the same people so its highly likely
    they return to older/existing procedures they've already used.

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Sep 17, 2003
  10. Rats

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Shane Anderson" wrote
    > This is different technology. They are using 3G. Yes, true 3G. We all
    > know what THAT means!

    Well I don't, so enlighten me please :)
    T.N.O., Sep 17, 2003