Is Windows Xp a good place to start

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Tony, Jan 12, 2010.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I'm in the very beginning stages of obtaining certification(s) and wanted to
    know if I'd be wasting my time with going for Windows XP (Microsoft Certified
    Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)). or should I be jumping to Windows 7?

    The wide rage of certification available is quite new to me as well so I
    would appreciate any direction that anyone could give. I feel my skills are
    in the following areas;

    - Very familiar with Windows XP and all prior OS's, including
    troubleshooting, installations, and overall operation.
    - Somewhat familiar with Windows Vista and Windows 7, including
    troubleshooting, installation, and overall operation.
    - Very familiar with building computers from scratch and replacing bad or
    outdated components.
    - Very familiar with overall Windows, hardware / software compatibilities.
    - Very familiar with setting up home and small offices with networks and
    computers. (non-server)
    I'm looking to obtain certification(s) that will allow me to apply the
    skills above an ones obtained in this process, to a career in the I.T. field.

    Again, with all that's available through Microsoft certifications and
    otherwise, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or comments that will
    help me to get started in the right place.

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 12, 2010

  2. Tony

    Smaketh Guest