    neville Guest

    I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    problems out and its cheap.
    neville, Mar 5, 2005

  2. neville

    DC Guest

    neville wrote:
    > I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    > problems out and its cheap.

    I hear that hot lead works reasonably well. Dirt cheap, too.

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Customize Xnews - http://dcicons.fateback.com
    DC, Mar 5, 2005

  3. neville

    neville Guest

    And when people are annoying how do you killfile someone.Ive seen people
    saying their going to do it but not saying how?

    neville, Mar 5, 2005
  4. neville

    Killer Bite Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > And when people are annoying how do you killfile someone.Ive seen people
    > saying their going to do it but not saying how?
    > "neville" <> wrote in message
    >>I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >>problems out and its cheap.

    To killfile somebody, first highlight their message, then tap it twice with
    a lump hammer, I guarantee that you will never see a message from them again
    on your monitor!
    Killer Bite, Mar 5, 2005
  5. neville

    Killer Bite Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >problems out and its cheap.

    Windows ME is the best and most stable operating system Microsoft ever
    produced!
    Killer Bite, Mar 5, 2005
  6. neville

    cluedweasel Guest

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 17:01:00 -0000, "neville" <> wrote:

    >And when people are annoying how do you killfile someone.Ive seen people
    >saying their going to do it but not saying how?

    Why don't you try and find out how to do something by yourself for a
    change. Boy, you are one irritating little twerp.
    cluedweasel, Mar 5, 2005
  7. neville

    Vanguard Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >problems out and its cheap.

    FreeDOS (http://www.freedos.org/) is even cheaper. As to sorting out
    your problems, ask your mommie.
    Vanguard, Mar 5, 2005
  8. "neville" <> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >problems out and its cheap.

    Windows ME, the only operating system that shares it's name with a disease!

    **SS**
    secret squiddle, Mar 5, 2005
  9. neville

    SgtMinor Guest

    secret squiddle wrote:
    > "neville" <> wrote in message
    >>I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >>problems out and its cheap.

    > Windows ME, the only operating system that shares it's name with a disease!
    >
    > **SS**

    Are you sure about that?

    http://www.ucsf.edu/foundation/impact/archives/2001/06_01_xp.htm
    SgtMinor, Mar 5, 2005
  10. "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > secret squiddle wrote:
    >> "neville" <> wrote in message
    >>>I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >>>problems out and its cheap.

    >> Windows ME, the only operating system that shares it's name with a
    >> disease!
    >>
    >> **SS**

    > Are you sure about that?
    >
    > http://www.ucsf.edu/foundation/impact/archives/2001/06_01_xp.htm

    Not now I'm not! LOL. If disease can be a laughing matter. ;-)

    **SS**
    secret squiddle, Mar 5, 2005
  11. neville

    Richard Guest

    On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:55:59 -0000 neville wrote:

    > I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    > problems out and its cheap.

    What are the problems?
    If you'd post some idea of what you're dealing with, their may be a simple
    fix to it.

    First thing you should is run scandisk and do a defrag.
    Acquire "easycleaner" from toniarts, but not the domain by that name.
    Cleaning your registry of junk will help cure many little problems.

    And if it's been a year or two since you installed the original OS, it's not
    a bad idea to just start from scratch and reinstall everything as new.

    If you do go to ME, DO NOT simply upgrade. Buy the entire new disk.
    I've had ME on my DELL for 3 years and not had one bit of problem with it.
    Nothing I couldn't fix myself anyway.
    Richard, Mar 5, 2005
  12. DC wrote:
    > neville wrote:
    >> I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >> problems out and its cheap.

    > I hear that hot lead works reasonably well. Dirt cheap, too.

    That's for *in* his computer. For *on*, some rich, thick icing with
    some of those colored sugar sprinkles would be fun. Nice and thick.
    It's what's for dinner!

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Who has implemented Usenet Solution #45933:
    Blinky the Shark, Mar 5, 2005
  13. neville wrote:

    > And when people are annoying how do you killfile someone.Ive seen
    > people saying their going to do it but not saying how?

    1. Get a regular manila file folder.

    2. Write the person's name on a piece of paper. For example,
    "neville".

    3. Say the magic chant.

    4. Burn the folder and the paper.

    5. Before long, you won't see that person's posts, any more.

    So far this is all free. It's the magic chant that's going to cost you.

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 5, 2005
  14. Richard wrote:

    > On Sat, 5 Mar 2005 16:55:59 -0000 neville wrote:
    >

    >>I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >>problems out and its cheap.
    >>

    > What are the problems?
    > If you'd post some idea of what you're dealing with, their may be a simple
    > fix to it.

    Duh! You really should pay attention Richard.
    (snip)
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 5, 2005
  15. neville

    Dugie Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    > I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    > problems out and its cheap.

    ME is a terrible OS. It's unstable, buggy, and will cause more problems.
    My opionion is it's no good.

    BTW, to killfile someone depends on your mail reader. With OE, although
    I've never used killfile (ignore) in a Newsgroup, I think you can do
    this:

    -Select the message you don't like
    -Go to Message > Block Sender
    or Message > Create Rule From Message

    You might want to consider "munging" your email address to stop web-bots
    from getting it and increasing you junk mail. To see what I mean, try
    selecting Reply to this message, and look at my address.

    Dugie
    Dugie, Mar 5, 2005
  16. neville

    Wizard Guest

    Re: Thread veins on legs

    Wizard, Mar 5, 2005
  17. neville

    Dugie Guest

    "Killer Bite" <> wrote in message

    > "neville" <> wrote in message
    > >I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    > >problems out and its cheap.

    > Windows ME is the best and most stable operating system Microsoft ever
    > produced!

    Now THAT is downright nasty. :) Hahaha. Someone may believe you.

    Dugie
    Dugie, Mar 5, 2005
  18. neville

    Badger Guest

    "neville" <> wrote in message
    >I was thinking of putting it on my computer because it might sort my
    >problems out and its cheap.

    I used it for a couple of years and always found it reasonably stable and
    easy to use. Certainly an improvement on 98 IMO.
    I have, however, heard horror stories about it from a couple of people. I
    guess it depends on your configuration. Try it and see.
    Badger
    Badger, Mar 5, 2005
  19. neville

    neville Guest

    Thanks Dugie, perhaps id better not use windows me if its that crap.I just
    might have to killfile some people on here no names mentioned(like dc and
    blinky something)due to thier continual abusive posts.

    neville, Mar 5, 2005
  20. neville wrote:
    > Thanks Dugie, perhaps id better not use windows me if its that crap.I just
    > might have to killfile some people on here no names mentioned(like dc and
    > blinky something)due to thier continual abusive posts.

    You are a complete and utter prat.
    You are shooting off in a never ending stream of tangents.

    Give the bloody system back to your father and go get a hobby building
    kit airplanes or something.

    --
    Don't use any glue though.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Mar 5, 2005