    for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
    problems on Win XP? Thanks.

    George M.
    GM, Feb 5, 2006

  2. GM

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    GM spewed forth:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just came across some old games and other software that were written
    > for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
    > problems on Win XP? Thanks.
    >
    > George M.

    For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the programs
    in "compatibility mode".

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2006

  3. GM

    GM Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >GM spewed forth:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I just came across some old games and other software that were written
    >> for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
    >> problems on Win XP? Thanks.
    >>
    >> George M.

    >For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the programs
    >in "compatibility mode".

    How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.
    GM, Feb 5, 2006
  4. GM

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    GM spewed forth:
    > On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> GM spewed forth:
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I just came across some old games and other software that were
    >>> written for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without
    >>> any problems on Win XP? Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> George M.

    >> For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the
    >> programs in "compatibility mode".

    > How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.

    After you install the program, if it has problems running, find the
    executable file, right-click on it, select "properties" and click the
    Compatitbility tab.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 5, 2006
  5. GM

    GM Guest

    On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:39:47 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >In news:,
    >GM spewed forth:
    >> On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:28:36 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> In news:,
    >>> GM spewed forth:

    >>> For the most part, yes. If there are difficulties, you can run the
    >>> programs in "compatibility mode".

    >> How do you access "compatibilty mode"? Thanks.

    >After you install the program, if it has problems running, find the
    >executable file, right-click on it, select "properties" and click the
    >Compatitbility tab.

    Thanks for your help!
    GM, Feb 5, 2006
  6. GM

    Plato Guest

    GM wrote:

    > I just came across some old games and other software that were written
    > for Windows 98/95. Can these be installed and used without any
    > problems on Win XP? Thanks.

    Some yes. Some no.

    --
    http://www.kissmyip.com/