  1. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    Matty F, Sep 15, 2010

  2. Matty F

    Simon Guest

    On Sep 15, 8:11 pm, Matty F <> wrote:
    > Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    They're too busy drooling over the thought of carving up the former
    analogue TV spectrum.

    Simon, Sep 16, 2010

  3. Matty F

    Richard Guest

    On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    > Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    No they are not from what I have heard.

    Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
    email address when you purchase internet access.

    Richard, Sep 16, 2010
  4. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    On Sep 16, 8:36 pm, Richard <> wrote:
    > On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    >
    > > Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    > No they are not from what I have heard.
    >
    > Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
    > email address when you purchase internet access.

    http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/forum/8-network-issues/

    Email problems on Sept 14, 11, Aug 25, 23, 20, 17, 16.

    I have a friend travelling around the world who is often unable to
    contact me and my emails to him sometimes bounce. But not always.Only
    sometimes, OK?

    Matty F, Sep 16, 2010
  5. On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:36:03 +1200, Richard wrote:

    > On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    >> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    > No they are not from what I have heard.
    >
    > Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
    > email address when you purchase internet access.

    Vodafone/ihug have been having Bad latency issues for a couple of months
    now ever since they changed their overseas provider to vorcus they have
    lost a number of people to other providers.

    Robin Halligan, Sep 16, 2010
  6. Matty F

    Squiggle Guest

    On 16/09/2010 8:36 p.m., Richard threw some characters down the intarwebs:
    > On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    >> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    > No they are not from what I have heard.
    >
    > Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
    > email address when you purchase internet access.

    And for those of us that want the email address? Its there, nobody is
    forcing you to use it.

    Perhaps we should encourage Vodafone, Telecom et al to drop the data
    aspects of mobile telephony and stick to pure voice service only, it is
    access to a cellular "telephone" network you purchase.

    Squiggle, Sep 16, 2010
  7. On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 22:48:40 +1200, Robin Halligan wrote:

    > On Thu, 16 Sep 2010 20:36:03 +1200, Richard wrote:
    >
    >> On 15/09/2010 8:11 p.m., Matty F wrote:
    >>> Emails to and from ihug have had problems for the last week.

    >> No they are not from what I have heard.
    >>
    >> Hopefully just another nail in the coffin for the expectation of an
    >> email address when you purchase internet access.

    > Vodafone/ihug have been having Bad latency issues for a couple of months
    > now ever since they changed their overseas provider to vorcus they have
    > lost a number of people to other providers.

    Sorry thats VOCUS and its been going on since late july
    have a look at the forun and see the bullshit vodafone put forward

    http://forum.vodafone.co.nz/topic/5643-high-latancy/

    this from one poster

    "to be honest i have lost faith in the customer service ... im sure there
    is a lot about our account if you look in the logs and well till people
    higher up the chain got involved we were told it was equipment all the time
    .... when it wasn't that it was another reason ....

    turned out it was a "capacitor" on our line that was causing the issues ...

    we even got told that our "house has moved away from the exchange" < that
    is about were my faith fully left.... i can put up with the long waits (at
    that time anyway) and repeated possible issues but the likes of a house
    somehow moving really just showed how pointless it was getting... "

    Robin Halligan, Sep 16, 2010