Is using TestKing to study cheating?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 4, 2006.

  1. I was curious about this and decided to get one to take a look.

    Most, if not all (I've not read all the book, waiting for you comments to go
    on or not), have the comment below.

    It seems to me that they grab all the test questions from books and make
    like a big collection of questions and since they are from the books, as
    mentioned, they are not from the real exams.

    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reference:
    Mark Minasi, Christa Anderson, Michele Beveridge, C.A. Callahan
    Windows Server 2003, Sybex Inc. Alameda, 2003, p. 387
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reference:
    Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Active Directory
    Infrastructure, Microsoft Press, Redmond, Washington, 2004, pp. 13: 85-86
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reference:
    http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...osoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q303/2/15.as
    Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Active Directory
    Infrastructure, Microsoft Press, Redmond, Washington, 2004, p. 13:5
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Reference:
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/refrgp.mspx
    Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    Active Directory
    Infrastructure, Microsoft
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Regards.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 4, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Lasher Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?= <> wrote in

    scid=http://support.microsoft
    > .com:80/support/kb/articles/q303/2/15.as Planning, Implementing, and
    > Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
    > Infrastructure, Microsoft Press, Redmond, Washington, 2004, p. 13:5
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    > Reference:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddo

    > s/en-us/refrgp.mspx Planning, Implementing, and Maintaining a
    > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory
    > Infrastructure, Microsoft
    > ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    >
    > Regards.

    T3stk!ng is for cheating a$$fuskers!

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006

  3. "Lasher" wrote:
    > T3stk!ng is for cheating a$$fuskers!

    The Rev said: "You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
    questions)".

    I see refs to books in the .pdf file, not to exams. Please give me more
    information about it so that I can discard it or not.

    Thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 5, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "felipecpv" <> wrote in message
    > "Lasher" wrote:
    >> T3stk!ng is for cheating a$$fuskers!
    >>

    > The Rev said: "You use a braindump (short-term memorization of real test
    > questions)".
    >
    > I see refs to books in the .pdf file, not to exams. Please give me more
    > information about it so that I can discard it or not.

    You may indeed see references to books, but those references would be
    supposedly to explain or back-up to what the people at TestKing -think- are
    the correct ANSWERS to the questions. Braindumps are actual test questions,
    which is immoral and in violation of Microsofts Non-Disclosure Agreement
    (NDA). The reason using TestKing and the like is cheating is because of
    that very fact. I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately dense about
    this or genuinely naive.
    Frisbee®, Jan 5, 2006
  5. "Frisbee®" wrote:
    > You may indeed see references to books, but those references would be
    > supposedly to explain or back-up to what the people at TestKing -think- are
    > the correct ANSWERS to the questions. Braindumps are actual test questions,
    > which is immoral and in violation of Microsofts Non-Disclosure Agreement
    > (NDA). The reason using TestKing and the like is cheating is because of
    > that very fact. I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately dense about
    > this or genuinely naive.

    I want to completely understand the definition for cheating, some say it's
    copying the exams questions, and I agree this is cheating and know about the
    MS-NDA.
    But since it refs to books, I was wondering if it's not, but then another
    thought comes through my mind "they could be faking the refs".
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 5, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >> You may indeed see references to books, but those references would be
    >> supposedly to explain or back-up to what the people at TestKing
    >> -think- are the correct ANSWERS to the questions. Braindumps are
    >> actual test questions, which is immoral and in violation of
    >> Microsofts Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA). The reason using TestKing
    >> and the like is cheating is because of that very fact. I'm not sure
    >> whether you are being deliberately dense about this or genuinely
    >> naive.
    >>

    > I want to completely understand the definition for cheating, some say
    > it's copying the exams questions, and I agree this is cheating and
    > know about the MS-NDA.
    > But since it refs to books, I was wondering if it's not, but then
    > another thought comes through my mind "they could be faking the refs".

    Ok, fine. I'll be an a$$.

    Let me quote the NDA and put in caps where T3stK!ng makes people a cheating
    a$$fsuker:

    All Microsoft certification exams, including the content and wording of
    exam questions, constitute CONFIDENTIAL Microsoft INFORMATION protected by
    trade secret law. Anyone obtaining access to MCP exams is obligated to
    maintain the confidentiality of this information.

    *******If an individual is caught violating the Non-Disclosure Agreement
    that all examinees must agree to before beginning an MCP exam (please see
    the agreement below), the candidate will be permanently ineligible for any
    Microsoft certification.*********

    By complying with and enforcing this obligation, you help maintain the
    integrity of the MCP program and the value of your certification. Please do
    your part by DISCOURAGING THE SHARING OF EXAM QUESTIONS AND MAKING OTHERS
    AWARE OF THIS POLICY. We appreciate your cooperation.

    Non-Disclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use

    For Exams Developed for the Microsoft Certified Professional Program

    This exam is Microsoft CONFIDENTIAL and is protected by trade secret law.
    It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose of
    becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of this
    exam. You are expressly PROHIBITED from disclosing, publishing,
    reproducing, or transmitting this exam, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN ANY FORM OR
    BY ANY MEANS, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, FOR ANY PURPOSE,
    without the prior express written permission of Microsoft Corporation.

    ---------------------
    THIS is what the MCNGP stands AGAINST allowing people to do - cheat.

    I'm sure that T3stK!ng, or any of it's a$$fsuking spinoffs, don't have the
    expressed written consent of Microsoft.

    If this isn't in fusking English for you, then don't take the exam. If you
    do and decide to cheat, please give me your MCP ID number and I'll make
    sure that they cornhole you until Kansas doesn't have any more corn to
    cornhole you with.

    Do yourself a fsuking favor and don't ask another fcuking question about
    cheating because if you're considering doing it then you're not worth my
    time, your current or future employers time, or anyone's help in this NG.

    Thanks and have a lovely day.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    > I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately dense about
    > this or genuinely naive.

    Both = Stupid.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  8. "Lasher" wrote:
    > Do yourself a fsuking favor and don't ask another fcuking question about
    > cheating because if you're considering doing it then you're not worth my
    > time, your current or future employers time, or anyone's help in this NG.

    Friend Lasher, at any given time I said I was going to cheat.
    I was asking for a clear answer, and you gave me and made it clear, thank you.
    You don't need to be rude for that, since I didn't say I was/will cheat.

    Btw, what source of knowledge do you recommend? Any specific book or author?

    Thanks in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=, Jan 5, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    > "Lasher" wrote:
    >> Do yourself a fsuking favor and don't ask another fcuking question
    >> about cheating because if you're considering doing it then you're not
    >> worth my time, your current or future employers time, or anyone's
    >> help in this NG.
    >>

    > Friend Lasher, at any given time I said I was going to cheat.
    > I was asking for a clear answer, and you gave me and made it clear,
    > thank you. You don't need to be rude for that, since I didn't say I
    > was/will cheat.
    >
    > Btw, what source of knowledge do you recommend? Any specific book or
    > author?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    The MS KB, www.technet.com, the books that are for server administration
    that aren't coined MCSE, and if you are going to get the MSPress books,
    get the ones that are the latest version if they have changed.

    The reason that I jumped you is because the way that you phrased your
    initial question was that the br@indumps made reference to the books
    that you were studying. Of course that would make it easier, but it's
    still cheating when they're putting the exam questions on there and
    giving you the answer to memorize.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?= <>
    say in news::

    > Is using TestKing to study cheating?

    yes

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - I am Ginzu of Borg. You will be assimilated, but wait, there's MORE!
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=
    <> say in news:C8B9A5A9-2629-4D27-
    :

    > I see refs to books in the .pdf file, not to exams.

    big deal. I could read a few books and refernce them in sample questions
    but that isn't the issue.

    Most people agree they are lifted directly from the exam. I have spoken
    to people who have used them (I abuse them later of course) and they have
    told me that the question on the exam was an EXACT match to what is on
    the testking. Sorry, but that is WAAAAAAYYYYY beyond being a lucky match.

    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?= <>
    say in news::

    > definition for cheating,

    read teh NDA and have some ethics

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what? Where are you going?
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear Lasher <> say in

    > Let me quote the NDA and put in caps where T3stK!ng makes people a
    > cheating a$$fsuker:
    >
    > All Microsoft certification exams, including the content and wording
    > of exam questions, constitute CONFIDENTIAL Microsoft INFORMATION
    > protected by trade secret law. Anyone obtaining access to MCP exams is
    > obligated to maintain the confidentiality of this information.
    >
    > *******If an individual is caught violating the Non-Disclosure
    > Agreement that all examinees must agree to before beginning an MCP
    > exam (please see the agreement below), the candidate will be
    > permanently ineligible for any Microsoft certification.*********
    >
    > By complying with and enforcing this obligation, you help maintain the
    > integrity of the MCP program and the value of your certification.
    > Please do your part by DISCOURAGING THE SHARING OF EXAM QUESTIONS AND
    > MAKING OTHERS AWARE OF THIS POLICY. We appreciate your cooperation.
    >

    > Non-Disclosure Agreement and General Terms of Use
    >

    > For Exams Developed for the Microsoft Certified Professional Program
    >
    > This exam is Microsoft CONFIDENTIAL and is protected by trade secret
    > law. It is made available to you, the examinee, solely for the purpose
    > of becoming certified in the technical area referenced in the title of
    > this exam. You are expressly PROHIBITED from disclosing, publishing,
    > reproducing, or transmitting this exam, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, IN ANY
    > FORM OR BY ANY MEANS, verbal or written, electronic or mechanical, FOR
    > ANY PURPOSE, without the prior express written permission of Microsoft
    > Corporation.
    >
    > ---------------------

    that was cool. When the new site is runnin that should be prominent on
    the thing.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - 'Bother,' said Pooh as the trip-wire clicked.
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    > Btw, what source of knowledge do you recommend? Any specific book or
    > author?

    sybex, MS Press are good for books

    for test prep, MS recommends SelfTest Software and MeasureUP

    if you go with what MS recommends you will be ok for your study.

    one thing that we seem to be skirting is that the BEST study guide is
    actually using the products.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - My software never has bugs. It just develops exciting new random
    features.
    Neil, Jan 5, 2006
  15. Dear fellow yahooans, I being working in IT field for five years but as
    result of jobs outcursing- lately I being without a job for two years!.
    with all respect I couldn’t help but comment on your behalf regarding your
    concerns on or about cheating.

    First of all, if anyone have problem with cheating should stay away from
    their OS girlfriend for a while. However you can’t cheat if you asking-
    people how to do it!? Because if u don’t know how to cheat in firstplace than
    u should stay with McDonalds………….As I stated in my previous replays, in order
    to cheat u must be brave enough to do so.

    Plus if u not a programmer/developer- whether u cheat or not those
    certifications worth sh$$t

    I give up that F$mcse brain torture once I found out carpet cleaning people
    makes $300.000.00 a year
    ---------------------------------
    The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men
    prefer not to hear.
    ==========================

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3RyaWdodA==?=, Jan 5, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    CG101 Guest

    "felipecpv" <> wrote in message
    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    > > You may indeed see references to books, but those references would be
    > > supposedly to explain or back-up to what the people at TestKing -think-

    are
    > > the correct ANSWERS to the questions. Braindumps are actual test

    questions,
    > > which is immoral and in violation of Microsofts Non-Disclosure Agreement
    > > (NDA). The reason using TestKing and the like is cheating is because of
    > > that very fact. I'm not sure whether you are being deliberately dense

    about
    > > this or genuinely naive.
    > >

    > I want to completely understand the definition for cheating, some say it's
    > copying the exams questions, and I agree this is cheating and know about

    the
    > MS-NDA.
    > But since it refs to books, I was wondering if it's not, but then another
    > thought comes through my mind "they could be faking the refs".

    Let's pretend I'm a professor and you are a student whose brother/best
    friend/etc. might have had my class the prior year. You are given an exam
    that I gave to this person and you are told I give the exact same test
    around this time. One of those questions might be "Who was the First
    President of the United States?" He answers George Washington. Then next to
    answer, it references "History of the United States" Author Joe Schomoe,
    page 40.

    Now, does the fact that it was referenced make it any more acceptable to
    cheat? You are not learning anything other than to pass this exam.

    --
    Cruz
    CompTIA A+ Certified, CompTIA Network+ Certified
    CG101, Jan 5, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Lasher Guest

    "CG101" <> wrote in

    > "felipecpv" <> wrote in message
    >> "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >> > You may indeed see references to books, but those references would
    >> > be supposedly to explain or back-up to what the people at TestKing
    >> > -think-

    > are
    >> > the correct ANSWERS to the questions. Braindumps are actual test

    > questions,
    >> > which is immoral and in violation of Microsofts Non-Disclosure
    >> > Agreement (NDA). The reason using TestKing and the like is
    >> > cheating is because of that very fact. I'm not sure whether you
    >> > are being deliberately dense

    > about
    >> > this or genuinely naive.
    >> >

    >> I want to completely understand the definition for cheating, some say
    >> it's copying the exams questions, and I agree this is cheating and
    >> know about

    > the
    >> MS-NDA.
    >> But since it refs to books, I was wondering if it's not, but then
    >> another thought comes through my mind "they could be faking the
    >> refs".

    > Let's pretend I'm a professor and you are a student whose brother/best
    > friend/etc. might have had my class the prior year. You are given an
    > exam that I gave to this person and you are told I give the exact same
    > test around this time. One of those questions might be "Who was the
    > First President of the United States?" He answers George Washington.
    > Then next to answer, it references "History of the United States"
    > Author Joe Schomoe, page 40.
    >
    > Now, does the fact that it was referenced make it any more acceptable
    > to cheat? You are not learning anything other than to pass this exam.

    I don't know if you're grasping the full concept of contractual
    agreement or "Trade Secret" Law. So your example, in my opinion, does
    not fit to a degree.

    Besides, there is a difference when T3stK!ng puts a camera phone photo
    of the exact interactive portion of the test with the correct answer
    indicated to it and when you learn how that specific menu works inside
    and out from trial and error in real life.

    I think that you guys are misconstruing the idea of how they reconstruct
    a test so that they are "Actual" cheats. Rather, don't discount just
    because Prometric or Pearson-Vue said "Don't take any electronics in the
    testing room with you" doesn't mean people won't.

    Key point of the NDA is the phrase "in whole or in part".

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010
    Lasher, Jan 5, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >lately I being without a job for two years!.

    Now why don't that surprise me.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >I have spoken
    >to people who have used them (I abuse them later of course) and they have
    >told me that the question on the exam was an EXACT match to what is on
    >the testking.

    I've seen plenty of posts in the past which say the same about your
    beloved transcender.

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/alt.certification.mcse/msg/7506f722ad46bec2?dmode=source&hl=en
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/b3dqe

    sfw

    I've no idea how true this is, the only transcender I've seen was for
    one of the c# exams. When I went through it with one of the exams with
    the guy who bought it, there was so many errors/half truths I thought
    it was joke. As for those wonderful links to the msdn, well I for one
    don't need any help doing my own research. btw, I've never seen
    testking, cheatsheets, transdumper etc, etc, and care not what format
    they are in. All I know is from comments over the years which state
    the Q&A's come from the 'real' exams.

    Anyway, the problem is down to format of the exams. These companies
    are making a tidy profit out of the process and I'm just jealous I
    never came up with the 'transcender' idea twelve years ago!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?ZmVsaXBlY3B2?=

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >You are not learning anything other than to pass this exam.

    Exactly.

    The answer to any exam question should be able prove that the person
    who answered the question actually understands the question. These
    multi choice exams do not categorically prove this; one, it's easy to
    cheat, second, common sense can often help you 'pick' the correct
    answer(s).

    This is why when you 'write' an exam paper during your bachelors
    finals, you are being marked on how well you understand the questions
    by the answers you have given.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Jan 5, 2006